Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns & Ammo: Tactical Guns & Gear!!

Feedback Score
    Raining Brass,
    Hey brother, glad to see that I am not the only one that sees black chicken and others making a bundle off 9/11 while contributing to the trade deficit. They out market the quality manufacturers you mention with money they save by stealing their designs and producing an inferior product with slave labor. Unfortunately, slick advertising is mistaken for quality product.

SOF magazine will have some articles in future issues (3-6 months) that give credit to the quality tactical gear guys.

S/F

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

BC Is Really Quality Stuff; Here's How I Know!

About 5 years ago, tire iron and USMC03 got me started on SOE gear. Prior to that I had purchased a complete set of BH 782 gear for $110 (belt, Y-harness, two canteen covers, 4 triple 30-round mag pouches and IFAK cover). I listed it for sale and was offered a new digital Fluke multimeter that listed for $300. Only BC I ever owned (and never wore). The meter is better than what my reactor control technicians had in the early 80's. It still works.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    Raining Brass,
    Hey brother, glad to see that I am not the only one that sees black chicken and others making a bundle off 9/11 while contributing to the trade deficit. They out market the quality manufacturers you mention with money they save by stealing their designs and producing an inferior product with slave labor. Unfortunately, slick advertising is mistaken for quality product.

SOF magazine will have some articles in future issues (3-6 months) that give credit to the quality tactical gear guys.

S/F
    What about an article that would eju-ma-cate some of the younger/newer guys on BH practices...they are the Philip Moris of gear companies! Someone needs to write that article asap.
    ...I'll do my best to spread the word(between building my Nuke shelter )

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    Raining Brass,

S/F
    I can tell you this... due to my job I was able to see some very interesting sides of many companies in the 72 hours that followed the WTC Attack, some company's actions were sickening.

But let me share one very positive thing... this is a great chance to say this. Within hours of the second plane hitting, I got a phone call from Galls, it went basically like this:

Galls: We've put a stop on everything, you guys are the first priority. All of our staff is in, trucks are backed up and ready to head to you, what do you need on them?

Me: Blah, Blah, Blah

Galls: Roger, we'll just load up all of what we have and get it on the road tonight.

Me: Great! I understand we have emergency funding, but I have no idea who the contract official is or how to bill the stuff out.

Galls: Right, like I said we need to get humping to get the stuff out to you guys tonight... if you need anything else just let us know. God Bless you!

Trucks were there the next day...

There were lots of other great things that happened in that three days, but this one really stood out.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    We can hope that pressure from online sources will encourage print media to increase article quality....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm no Shakespear myself, so I'll just list the good stuff I got out of the magazine:

I bought the magazine (at Kroger's) soley for Larry Vickers' article. I think it has inspired me to complete three LMT uppers that have been languishing in my safe into "Vickers style" uppers. Nothing extraneous.

An added bonus was Zak's article on slings. Very informative. I'm sure his article on reading the wind was good too, but my father will have to confirm that. He's the F-class shooter, I just crank the elevation knob until he tells me to stop.

The article on eye-protection by Duane Thomas was fairly good. It was nice to see the side-by-side shots of all the different lenses. Could have used more details on the RX inserts. (ie, what is the max. level of sphere & cyl corrections that will fit in each insert, which inserts are approved for US forces, can you get the RX lenses through the glasses mfg or do you have to go to your local lab, etc.)

Jason

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Mr. Sapper Himself

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Was it just me, or did this guy have a lot of gratuitous pic of himself in his article?
    Note the prominently displayed Rolex...
    Sapper!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MASP7
    Was it just me, or did this guy have a lot of gratuitous pic of himself in his article?
    Note the prominently displayed Rolex...
    Sapper!

This must be what you mean by "gratuitous pics of himself"...but i could be mistaken-

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the same issue and the article written by the above author made me chuckle. Sure he's a LAPD detective and Civil Affairs dude but that guy is way too clean in the photos to be doing anything worth while. That purdy black BH drop leg pouch doesn't look like it has one speck of dust on it and his "well used Surefire tac light" looks like it just came out of the box. I especially liked the one guy with the M16A2 and Burris optic with a CIB sticker on his buttstock...what an a**hat, my section made fun of guys like him. I earned my CIB too and so did the rest of my section but we sure as hell didn't parade around with it on our buttstocks in country. There are a bunch of other misquotes and funnies in the article so I would advise anyone reading it to take it with a grain of salt.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast