Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tango Down PR-4 sling mount (installed, pics)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Tango Down PR-4 sling mount (installed, pics)

I got the PR-4 in the mail today and quickly slapped it on my N4. It's pretty beefy and solid. The QD loop looks pretty hefty as well.

The install was pretty straight forward. It was sort of a PITA to align the screen because the holes wouldn't match up. I wiggled a bit and started to screw them in. No biggie after that. While not a huge concern to me as my rifle is a work rifle and not a pretty safe queen, the mount actually dug/bit into the extension tube as you will note in one of the pictures when I started to clamp down. Does this bother me? Absolutely not. I know the SOB ain't gonna move on me in the field.

You can see where it bit into the extension tube. No biggie for me at least. I don't know how some of you would feel about that. This is a working gun for me so I'm not worried about little dings here and there.

The minimum I can collapse the stock. I think I'm 2 clicks out.

Feedback Score
    So, how do you still feel about this mount? Do you still like it? Does it work well w/ the Magpul single mount setup?

I'm on the fence on this one so I thought I'd ping you for your feedback.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCycles View Post
    So, how do you still feel about this mount? Do you still like it? Does it work well w/ the Magpul single mount setup?

I'm on the fence on this one so I thought I'd ping you for your feedback.
    Sorry for the delay. I don't get notifications.

The mount is SOLID. I don't have any problems with it. It does take a bit of space on extension but I don't run my stock fully collapsed anyway so I don't care if it's not all the way in. I have since switched to a Gear Sector 1 pt sling.

Feedback Score
    Looks pretty stout and like it would also keep the castle nut from comming loose even though properly installed and staked is shouldn't come loose.. Does it add any noticalbe weight, since it looks to be heavy and well built.. If you mount the QD ring on the side, can you close the stock past the second position?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't feel the extra weight if any. We're talking ounces here. I'm away right now but I'll check on the positioning when I get home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I may:

Does fully collapsing the stock run the risk of 'unlatching' the sling if mounted in the rear-center?

How well does it transition from shoulder-to-shoulder (kind of like if the sling were mounted to a Magpul ASAP)?

TIA.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With the QD swivel on the side position, it can fully lock in position 2.

Rootbeer, as far as your concern, yes it COULD happen. It would require two things though in order for it to release.

1. Weight pulling down on the swivel (free hang)

2. Constant pressure on the QD button from the stock.
    - This SHOULD NOT happen if the stock is fully engaged in a locking position. At
    what point would it not be locked?

With that said, you can't fully collapse (lock) the stock with the PR-4 attached.

Transitioning is fine as well.
    Last edited by 021411; 07-28-09 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Excellent, thank you.

Was more of a 'worst possible case' kind of question.

Thanks for the detailed review.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post

Does fully collapsing the stock run the risk of 'unlatching' the sling if mounted in the rear-center?

If you pull down on the gun and the stock is resting on the push button, then extend the stock vigorously, the QD sling mount will come out of its socket causing the sling to not be attached in the rear of the gun.

My Noveske sling plate does this.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    How is the PR4 hollding up for you?

Also: Will this mount clamp securely to a mil spec buffer tube?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast