Thread: What scope for M99

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

What scope for M99

Trying to decide on some glass. Would like a fair amount of magnification. Was looking at a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm LR/T M1 Illuminated Reticle Long Range Tactical Rifle Scope. Not sure if I want to drop that much. Would like a high quality scope that will hold up to the recoil. I am by no means a competition shooter, just want to to have fun with the rifle and have a quaility build. Any other recomendations?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50mm (MLR reticle).

Don't buy a cheap scope, the 50 will destroy a weak scope. Your pick for the Leupold Mark 4 would be fine also, just don't go lower than Leupold.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2nd Daves recommendation. NF first,Leupold 2nd...i have been a Leupy user for over 20 years and have a Nightforce on my ELR stick for what its worth.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Could not pass it up. Will upgrade later. My local cabelas had the leupolds on sale and bought the display. 7003966 model number. VX-3 4.5-14x50mm Long Range Illum. Reticle. $700.00 They knocked the sale price off and then another 50. They only had Med rings though and I could use them, but it's like standing on my head to get a good sight picture. Will I need high or extra high rings?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 NP-R1 reticle that works well on my Steyr 50. I have a Barrett 82 coming in next week that I'll probably go with another Nightforce.