Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BVAC ammo??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Your post very clearly states you had problems with Darren while at HSM. This is regarding BVAC.

Yes, and it's my understanding that he is the guy running BVAC now.

I also had very poor customer service from him when he ran the show at HSM, ref ammo we bought that was blowing up in our carbines.

I avoid both companies now as my information is that the whole BVAC and HSM split was quite a dirty business deal. I stay away from people who screw people for profit, and ammo that explodes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Yes, and it's my understanding that he is the guy running BVAC now.

I also had very poor customer service from him when he ran the show at HSM, ref ammo we bought that was blowing up in our carbines.

I avoid both companies now as my information is that the whole BVAC and HSM split was quite a dirty business deal. I stay away from people who screw people for profit, and ammo that explodes.
    There are zero reports of kabooms from BVAC ammo. Also you probably dont know the entire story over the split as there were things on both sides. I have delt with Darren for 100k's of ammo on both sides of the fence for quite awhile and he is a decent guy and yes things have fallen through the cracks but I chalk that up to underlings and the main one who was responsible was at HSM and followed to BVAC but is no longer around.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just because you have had no problems with either company or Darren does not make my experience invalid. Also, just as tpd pointed out, it would not be unreasonable to assume that Darrens customer service skills did not improve just because it is technically a diiferent company. You shared your views and I shared mine. We don't need to defend our positions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My experience was speaking to him personally, several times, on the phone and via e-mail, and dealing with his BS run around and dodging my calls after we had an AR blow up with HSM ammo (he was still running things at HSM back then), a failure that was totally ammo related.

Since then I have noted from first hand observation that claims by HSM folks that he actually stole brass and other materials from HSM when he left appear to be true.
    I have seen boxes, cardboard cases, bullets, and ammunition from 9mm ammo labeled BVAC that appear to be relabeled HSM materials.

Regardless of the source, some of the BVAC labeled 9mm ammo I saw shot on our range was very dirty, very inaccurate, and we had two case head failures in G17s that fortunately didn't wreck the guns.

I like to deal with honest folks who have good customer service. I also like shooting ammo that doesn't regularly blow up in my gun.

Just my experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh-L View Post
    Just because you have had no problems with either company or Darren does not make my experience invalid. Also, just as tpd pointed out, it would not be unreasonable to assume that Darrens customer service skills did not improve just because it is technically a diiferent company. You shared your views and I shared mine. We don't need to defend our positions.

Yes I can respect what your saying and do, but the bottom line is the association you have is with a different company all together.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    My experience was speaking to him personally, several times, on the phone and via e-mail, and dealing with his BS run around and dodging my calls after we had an AR blow up with HSM ammo (he was still running things at HSM back then), a failure that was totally ammo related.

Since then I have noted from first hand observation that claims by HSM folks that he actually stole brass and other materials from HSM when he left appear to be true.
    I have seen boxes, cardboard cases, bullets, and ammunition from 9mm ammo labeled BVAC that appear to be relabeled HSM materials.

Regardless of the source, some of the BVAC labeled 9mm ammo I saw shot on our range was very dirty, very inaccurate, and we had two case head failures in G17s that fortunately didn't wreck the guns.

I like to deal with honest folks who have good customer service. I also like shooting ammo that doesn't regularly blow up in my gun.

Just my experience.

The original BVAC boxes looked very close to HSM's. The HSM kaboom dodging came from the owner and flowed downwards and it sucks you went through all of that crap. I just did a count and in AZ we have went through roughly 300k of the BVAC stuff without a problem whatsoever. However unfortunately with anything esp with reman stuff there can be issues.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Yes I can respect what your saying and do, but the bottom line is the association you have is with a different company all together.
    You are right. I have no experience with the product BVAC puts out. I will point again though that my issue is with Darren and the fact I was overcharged shipping and spoke to him several times in which he promised a refund which I never received. I don't think it matters if it was an HSM order or a BVAC order. Darren now represents BVAC and there is now way his bosses at HSM are the reason I never received my $106 back. Heck I'll even go so far as ordering a case of BVAC ammo to try out if Darren gives me my refund.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh-L View Post
    You are right. I have no experience with the product BVAC puts out. I will point again though that my issue is with Darren and the fact I was overcharged shipping and spoke to him several times in which he promised a refund which I never received. I don't think it matters if it was an HSM order or a BVAC order. Darren now represents BVAC and there is now way his bosses at HSM are the reason I never received my $106 back. Heck I'll even go so far as ordering a case of BVAC ammo to try out if Darren gives me my refund.....
    I would contact HSM to get your money back or expalin it to your CC company.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123