Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I see this all the time

Feedback Score
    Yep, the "X" on that target looks well below the bad guy's heart...that's the sort of spot people are hitting when you get the following story:

"I hit the guy 5 times 'center of mass' and he didn't go down! That must mean .40S&W doesn't work!"

I know that DrJSW posts on here...he's the guru of where you should actually be aiming in a gunfight...his website: http://www.tacticalanatomy.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good point, thanks for the info.
    Most of the targets I could find on the internet show a perfect silhouette of a BG facing you with pistol at the side (to give an unobstructed target) with the 10 ring just like the example I posted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Not to mention the "X" is in the wrong spot--it needs to be where the upper "8" is at...

Why would any trainer use that target? It is just going to reinforce shooting the WRONG anatomic location for rapid threat incapacitation. An LE agency using that defective target to train/qualify officers is setting itself up for liability issues...
    Quite right... yet there are still a LOT of agencies that qualify on similar targets (basically, B27 Targets), sadly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345