Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I see this all the time

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Good information is readily available if one is willing to look, and have an open mind tempered with common sense.

Shooting chickens wrapped in duct tape would come handy during an incident involving "Chickens gone wild", other than that...

I'm no ballistics expert. I am a Relief Sergeant who is very concerned about staying alive, and ensuring those officers under my charge also go home in one peace.

I have a quote hanging over my desk that I downloaded from a site called Motivatedphoto's.

"Amateurs talk about hardware, professionals talk of software".

Many on the net need to spend more of their time practicing and training with the equipment they have, and less time worrying about how high their post count is.

I have read Dr. Roberts reply a few times to these types of posts. While I can not remember his exact words, he basically said, "pick a proven round, test it to ensure it works in your gun, then stop worrying about it." To me, this statement tells me that not only is he a noted ballistic expert, but he has a working knowledge of the application and real world usage of the rounds and ammunition.

The proper usage of tactics and shot placement are vital. Unfortunately, these topics are not as sexy or cool to talk endlessly about as ballistics.

Next time I have to serve a warrant, give me the guy who shoots 10k rounds a year in training over the guy with a 10k post count, every time! And twice on Sundays...

But what do I know, though I have been an inter-city LEO for the last 18 years, I have never had the need to shoot a duct tape wrapped chicken...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was so disappointed that it wasn't a live chicken wearing a little denim jacket.

Thank you again to DocGKR for sharing your knowledge with us.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by babaracus View Post
    I was so disappointed that it wasn't a live chicken wearing a little denim jacket.

Thank you again to DocGKR for sharing your knowledge with us.
    Or a leather jacket...

Also add my thanks Doc.

The information you have so willingly provided has helped many who are serious about the topic, to make more informed decisions. Decisions that may assist in those individuals to better survive a critical incident. You should take pride in knowing your efforts are not in vane. The life you're research could save may be my own..

For those who insist on mocking the professionals who are conducting scientific research on ballistics, well, there is plenty of chicken and duct tape...

As the wise man said, "You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make them drink".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
    Here's another good one. This guy was shooting a chicken wrapped in duct tape and 4 layers of denim to get a more realistic result.
    Maybe someone needs to wrap him in duct tape and four layers of denim..

Quote Originally Posted by babaracus View Post
    THAT was funny!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The guys says he didn't use wet newsprint as he isn't worried about being attacked by wet newsprint, yet he uses a thawed frozen chicken for testing?

Hmmmm......

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    "Amateurs talk about hardware, professionals talk of software".
    That's why we have DocGKR ... so we don't have to talk about ammunition hardware. Seriously, how many people do you know other than Doctor Roberts have (1) the education (2) the background (3) the ability & opportunity to test ammo scientifically?

But what do I know, though I have been an inter-city LEO for the last 18 years, I have never had the need to shoot a duct tape wrapped chicken...
    YET! Never know when Richard Gere might come to town, my friend ...
    Last edited by ToddG; 04-05-09 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That's why we have DocGKR ... so we don't have to talk about ammunition hardware. Seriously, how many people do you know other than Doctor Roberts have (1) the education (2) the background (3) the ability & opportunity to test ammo scientifically?

YET! Never know when Richard Gere might come to town, my friend ...
    Wouldnt' that more likely be a gerbil with trauma induced claustrophobia?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Silly Rabbit! Chickens are for choking, not shooting!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Silly Rabbit! Chickens are for choking, not shooting!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    The guys says he didn't use wet newsprint as he isn't worried about being attacked by wet newsprint, yet he uses a thawed frozen chicken for testing?

Hmmmm......
    Now that's funny!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast