Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TAG/Tactical Assault Gear

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 99superduty
    Not sure if mine is an older model of the belt but it only has MOLLE webbing.

Look closer. Under the bottom row of PALS webbing in this pic there is a 2" wide nylon strap. If you have something that size that you want to attach you can feed it behind that piece of nylon and in front of the top piece of webbing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is the only place on the belt that the MOLLE webbing is more than 1 inch apart. So unless the item is 1 inch wide.....
    Thats why the holster is wrapped around the entire belt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD
    Excellent info guys.

Is the belt one piece run through the pad/webbing "tube" or are they separate ends stitched into each end of the body?
    I'd have to grab a stitch puller to say for sure because of the design of the pockets to hold the ends of the belts. You can't see the rear end of the webbing to see what the end is like.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile
    I'd have to grab a stitch puller to say for sure because of the design of the pockets to hold the ends of the belts. You can't see the rear end of the webbing to see what the end is like.
    No need to go that far. I was just wondering if it was constructed as such that you could remove some stitching on the bottom and run a drop leg strap up under the webbing directly off the belt. If I can find them in stock someplace I might just order one and see if it looks like it's worth messing with.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That webbing is pretty flimsy, i dont think it would hold a drop leg very well.

Feedback Score
    Chris Osman was a SEAL, and before that he was a Marine....

TAG supplies a lot of stuff to the Military, as that is where their priority is, so the backorders may just be because of that.

Everything I have from TAG or have seen is very nice, I would say a noch above Blackhawk quality.

Will

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Chris Osman was a SEAL, and before that he was a Marine....

TAG supplies a lot of stuff to the Military, as that is where their priority is, so the backorders may just be because of that.

Everything I have from TAG or have seen is very nice, I would say a noch above Blackhawk quality.

Will
    But can you remember if TAG is made in USA? I don't own anything from tag...they didn't have much when I was in the neighborhood.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the TAG website-

"At T.A.G., our gear is built in America, by Americans. We don't subsidize to the generals who tortured our fathers in Vietnam, or the communists who deny freedom in China. We don't believe in shipping the jobs of Americans to slave labor camps in Asia just to make ourselves richer. Equipping our Armies while enriching our enemies is not what patriotism is about! We are proud to be supplying the Soldiers of Freedom, equipping the Armies of Liberty and supporting the Heroes in our Armed Services and Law Enforcement Agencies across America!"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Brass
    But can you remember if TAG is made in USA? I don't own anything from tag...they didn't have much when I was in the neighborhood.
    as far as i know, it's made in the USA. i visited their manufacturing facility (not the store in imperial beach) in san diego as chris was setting it up - about two and a half years ago. people were sitting at sewing machines making the stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MASP7
    From the TAG website-

"At T.A.G., our gear is built in America, by Americans. We don't subsidize to the generals who tortured our fathers in Vietnam, or the communists who deny freedom in China. We don't believe in shipping the jobs of Americans to slave labor camps in Asia just to make ourselves richer. Equipping our Armies while enriching our enemies is not what patriotism is about! We are proud to be supplying the Soldiers of Freedom, equipping the Armies of Liberty and supporting the Heroes in our Armed Services and Law Enforcement Agencies across America!"
    I can respect that quote however, his stores were primarily filled with 90% Blackhawk (in the nylon department) when that company started. Its always easy to shout USA USA USA but he got his start by selling VietHawk in the first place...Chris is a nice guy though...And And, It was all us Marines & Sailors buying a little BH here and there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast