Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Show us your reloading bench

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    LOL - I hears ya. I am photographically challenged myself.

That is a nice bench, did you plan and build it yourself?

I really like that pegboard backer with the shelves on top. That's a great idea. I was going to just mount the pegboard on the wall, but I like your idea better. You can never have too much shelf space for brass and projectiles.
    Yes, I designed/built myself over a weeks time. I spent $150 in materials, one whole day on construction and the rest applying stain and polyurethane. Six heavy coats of poly on the bench top, came out nice and smooth. Next up is wiring outlets on both sides of the bench and eliminating the extension cords.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very sweet, that is a good return on the sweat equity.

I got a real good deal on something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Wid...WDB60NNWD622PG

The one I got was 6 feet long, has 20 outlets with a 6 foot power cord, and was free.

I'm also thinking about LED under counter lights, like the kid you put in the kitchen. What are doing for lighting? I have overhead fluorescent now, but don't like the shadows they throw when I work.

Feedback Score

Harbor Freight sells one like that... I have it along the front of my workbench, and it's super.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very sweet, that is a good return on the sweat equity.

The one I got was 6 feet long, has 20 outlets with a 6 foot power cord, and was free.

I'm also thinking about LED under counter lights, like the kid you put in the kitchen. What are doing for lighting? I have overhead fluorescent now, but don't like the shadows they throw when I work.
    Thanks for the complement on the bench and yes sweat equity sums it up nicely. Thanks for the link I'll definitely go that route! For lighting I'm using a 4' fluorescent shop light directly over the bench top. I'm satisfied with it but am interested in the new LED technology. Keep us informed on the light setup you go with as I might follow your lead.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score

The LED strips are great. I reload with my dad on a 4'x12' maple top. It floats on cabinets and is anchored to the wall on one end. He's got the LED strip lighting all the way around the perimeter of the top. The light is great for seeing in the cabinets and finding anything dropped under the top.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's a picture of our bench from a few months ago over a weekend where I loaded some 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223, .308, and 9mm:

Feedback Score

My blue bench

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    The LED strips are great...
    Do LEDs screw with electronic scales like fluorescent lights do?

I don't have an electronic scale, in part because my current reloading set-up is surrounded by fluorescent lights...

However, I'm adding on to the garage, and building a new reloading bench, and if LEDs would play nicely with an electronic scale, then I might go that route.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Do LEDs screw with electronic scales like fluorescent lights do?

I don't have an electronic scale, in part because my current reloading set-up is surrounded by fluorescent lights...

However, I'm adding on to the garage, and building a new reloading bench, and if LEDs would play nicely with an electronic scale, then I might go that route.
    Gonna get a Gempro250 and was going to hang more fluorescent lights over the area... Can you buy a cheap battery backup system like APC and use that to isolate the scale???

I saw a deal on LED shop lights but passed. Let me know if you find any info.

Picture thread:
    Built the bench on the right for the garage in the old house, had to move it to the basement at new place. Bought the bench on the left, 2'x8', for $75 locally, thought I got a great deal. Dude even topped it with an aluminum sheet. Gonna use it for my dedicated reloading bench.

Last edited by Rayrevolver; 03-04-16 at 14:29.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011