Thread: Kimber TLE / RL II

Feedback Score
    I would not be interested in any of the II series Kimbers.
    The firing pin safety is a pain in the butt to deal with.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    mike - Could you explain the "The firing pin safety is a pain in the butt to deal with."??

I have a TLE II, my father owns one as well, and neither of us have had ANY problems with the firing pin safety.

Feedback Score
    It makes dis-assembly and re-assembly a real pain. Not really much more than a Colt series 80 pistol but then again I dis-like them also. Trying to put the little safety parts back in is a chore

I guess if you do no more the field stripping it will just be a minor-pain in the butt

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

Besides the firing pin safety dissasembly/assembly problems, how accurate is out of the box kimber LTE? How abour reiliability, finish durability ect?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebenedict
    I guess if you do no more the field stripping it will just be a minor-pain in the butt
    Acute hemorhoid.

Feedback Score
    I think you will find any Kimber to shoot well. The Kimpro? painted finish does not hold up real well but as well as anyone's painted finish.

But for a holster gun who cares!

Feedback Score
    I guess the gun can be refinished at a later date in something more durable.

Feedback Score
    All the kimber pistols are essentially the same gun with different options. If you really feel you want the features of the TLE series then they're great. If a rail and checkered front strap aren't super important to you then you can save quite a bit of money and just get the standard Custom guns which are otherwise identical.

The Series II stuff comes out really easily so even that's not an issue.

I bought the basic custom stainless a while back rather than the TLE and saved quite a bit of money. I then fitted an EGW oversized firing pin stop and a Wilson bulletproof extractor. IMO this is the only thing most factory guns need.

I then got the mod bug and totally worked the thing over but that's beside the point.

Skateboard tape on the front strap is usually all the traction you want anyway.