Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "active shooter" training for the armed civilian?

Feedback Score
    If you can see the shooter and have a shot take it and be done before Police arrive.

If you feel obligated to run to the sound of shots fired, keep your gun hidden until you take the shot and holster up or SUL hide it until you can.

A CCW badge might buy your a second if it was hanging from your neck (think you are a Detective) but you will still be given commands and you better obey immediately.

Cop jacket with "Police" or "Sheriff" pull out panels might work also. You can worry about the DA charging you for impersonation latter and it would be well worth the trade off if you prevent deaths.

You should plan on Officers shooting first and asking questions later, but the above and sound tactics will help ID you as a GG.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    A friend of mine has a trunk setup with a custom rifle bag with storage for their NFA paperwork and a tactical vest with "civilian responder" on the back as opposed to " sheriff" or "police". At least it'll make the responding officers think before shooting at you, hopefully giving them a second to realize you're not a threat.

I'm in the boat where I'm not running toward gunfire or gravitating toward hoards of flashing lights. I keep a "trunk gun" generally handy and train to be proficient with it. It's purpose to be there if the whim to go to the range strikes me while I'm out and about

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by benthughes View Post
    ...and a tactical vest with "civilian responder" on the back...
    i'd rather get shot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A friend of mine has a trunk setup with a custom rifle bag with storage for their NFA paperwork and a tactical vest with "civilian responder" on the back as opposed to " sheriff" or "police".
    Gay. And not likely to prevent a 'friendly fire' shooting.

Feedback Score
    When the shooting starts around me I will immediately release a full bladder of urin down my leg as I run like scared 12 year old girl screaming in a high pitched wail.... the other direction.

Honestly, I have no idea how I would react if the world exploded around me, but I don't see me as being Kojack diving over tables and taking out 3 bad guys while doing a table roll.

I don't know how the cops actually knowingly go into a situation that they may be killed. Here is some poor 30 year cop with a photo of his pretty wife, new baby and his dog taped to the visor.... and he is now in full kill mode running towards the red hot bullets.

F that, I'm going home to have sex and then play barbies with my daughter. Let me know how that shit went down!
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine has a trunk setup with a custom rifle bag with storage for their NFA paperwork and a tactical vest with "civilian responder" on the back as opposed to " sheriff" or "police".
    Does your friend take catalogs into the bathroom with him ?
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    Does your friend take catalogs into the bathroom with him ?
    Hey...Uh..... whats the matter with my stack of shitter reading? What are ya trying to say there pal?
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    Teddy Sevalis wasnt that much of a bad-ass

ToddG Guest
    ... a tactical vest with "civilian responder" on the back ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    Hey...Uh..... whats the matter with my stack of shitter reading? What are ya trying to say there pal?
    Your OK, I think. It is not what you read while on the crapper, but what you buy while on the crapper.
    Cold Zero

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast