Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "active shooter" training for the armed civilian?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    Todd,

Its not about sounding cool, its about doing what many cops proclaim is their greatest responsibility "getting home at night".

If you remember there was an Active Shooter situation in Seattle around thanksgiving time I believe. At that time there was a report of a mall security guard "locking down" a department store while there was shooting going on in the mall spaces outside. Now if I hear gunfire behind me and a guy is telling me I can't leave, HE is putting my life in danger just as much as the shooter. If I had been in that situation I would have done WHATEVER it takes to get out the door of that store to the parking lot.

Some will say "but he was a Mall Ninja, not a cop" I don't know why that should make any difference.

as RyanB said

So how about two? One blocking an exit and the other shooting. They are both threats.

I'm sorry if your deference for authority stops you from seeing this.

Chris
    What if YOU don't have the complete tactical picture? Multiple Active Shooters in different locations that you aren't aware of? The LEO or Mall Ninja, trying to prevent people from walking into an additional kill zone? You don't have a radio to grasp the complete tactical situation. But It's OK to pull a "Tackleberry" move and take out a LEO or Mall Ninja because you haven't thought things through. This is exactly what I was talking about. With your mindset, you will either die by LEOs responding to the situation, or fry in the electric chair for murder.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 06-28-09 at 16:10.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    can we get some loctite on this thread?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    Some will say "but he was a Mall Ninja, not a cop" I don't know why that should make any difference.

The security guard doesn't have arrest powers, or the responsibility (and requisite training) for dealing with an active shooter. That's the difference.

I try to allow as much free discussion as possible in the training forums as a means of promoting the useful exchange of ideas and viewpoints. It's (thankfully) rare for me to have to lock a thread in these forums. This thread, however, has clearly jumped the shark.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 06-28-09 at 17:49.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567