Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training/Practice ammo?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    Black Hills reman 55gr is ~$295/1000 at Fulton Armory, ~$300/1000 at Gilberts Guns. Those were the first two hits I got off Google.

Damn, ammo prices suck nowdays.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Alternate Sources for Black Hills

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    What does a case of Black Hills Blue box go for?

I get LEO pricing, so I don't know what the current market price on Black Hills is. On Aug 1st, they took close to a $50 price increase on the 55gr blue box ammo.

You may want to check the ammo section at the "other site" they have a sticky at the top of the page and they update prices and avaliblity daily from several different vendors.

Joseph Kieser is a good to go guy, I have heard a couple times that he has some of the best prices on Black Hills ammo.

Semper Fi
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    Damn, ammo prices suck nowdays.
    No kidding.

I'll admit I've been plinking a lot with Wolf. I'm just caching any good rifle ammo I can get my hands on, and have been focusing on pistol shooting. I probably need the trigger time more with handguns anyway.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I suprised that "yall" VA guys have not stopped into The Armory for the S&B for 175.00 + a case (1000)!!!

I bought a case right before Thanksgiving and had put a few hundred down range with no problems! It has around the same accuracy as the 40 round Wally World value packs...
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DBautista
    I suprised that "yall" VA guys have not stopped into The Armory for the S&B for 175.00 + a case (1000)!!!

I bought a case right before Thanksgiving and had put a few hundred down range with no problems! It has around the same accuracy as the 40 round Wally World value packs...
    D'oh!

I was in Va Beach today, and I thought about stopping at The Armory, but I didn't.

I've shot quite a bit of S&B pistol ammo with no problems, but I have yet to try their rifle ammo.

Feedback Score
    What about the Lake City SS109 that ammoman has, is that OK to use for a class?

Thanks,
    Chris

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG19
    What about the Lake City SS109 that ammoman has, is that OK to use for a class?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Good stuff. That's what I roll with now.

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12