Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre Workout?

Feedback Score
    as long as you dont eat too many, the cholesterol in the yolk of an egg is good for you. i eat six eggs, 4 egg whites and two whole eggs for a total of six.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by losbronces View Post
    Syntrax (no added sugar or fat) mixed with "super light" skim milk is the most palatable I've found.

Any of them mixed with water and you just have to force them down. For me anyway, no protein after a workout leads to a noticeable increase in muscle soreness.
    that's about what i've found. i've taken to mixing with water just because it is easier. but even with milk, i find i have to force it down. i'd like to find one that i actually look forward to drinking, and isn't full of sugar and extras. maybe that's a pipe dream

Feedback Score
    On weightlifting (olympic lifts and functional strength exercises) I mix 16oz of apple juice with one scoop of vanilla protein powder. That provides a 2 to 1 ratio of carbs to protein (32g to 16g). I sip on this throughout the workout. After the workout I'll mix up a muscle milk shake with water.

On cardio days I don't do anything special besides drink H20.

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    While I prefer just the white, I've been given to understand that the yellow actually has good cholesterol not bad. I may have been misinformed, but the person who told me this is infinately more knowledgeable than me about these things.
    yes it could be.... but anything in excess is no longer healthy. Diet depends on the age as well. If your body cholesterol count is already high then regular eating of egg yolk is not appropriate.

Feedback Score
    If you can get in some Yoga pre-workout you'll be loosened up enough that you wont need to worry about doing just specific stretches. Cleans are a good all body warm up after a small jog.

Feedback Score

Work OUT

LawDog.....I don't eat anything before my workout, only a glass of water. I stretch and then workout abs first before any walking, running or lifting. No one should eat anything, as your brain will send a signal for blood to flow more to the mid-ab section of your body for food breakdown etc.

However, by all means eat within 30 minutes "after" a work out, espcially if your lifting weights OK. Your body gets the most boost from those nutrients during that first 30 minutes. Now anybody got any questions, just tune to BILL PEARL'S web sight. He has done it all and is the greatest at what he did in his career as a bodybuilder and trainer of champions.
    Last edited by Tracer; 05-26-09 at 21:12. Reason: word left out

Feedback Score
    Pre-workout in the morning? Yogurt and water
    Mike N
    Long guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 M4 .223 | Mossberg 88 "Tactical" 12ga
    Pistols: SA xD40 Service (OD Green) | Kel-Tec PF-9 | Kel-Tec P-3AT

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Right after you wake up? A strong cup of coffee and a piece of fruit, after when you need food egg whites, oatmeal, glass of milk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123