Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Name Change Please

Feedback Score
    If I can, I'd like to change my screen name to Drogo.

The reason for the change is that Drogo De Monte Acuito is one of my ancestors, a Norman knight that invaded England with William the Conqueror.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-28-12 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    If I can, I'd like to change my screen name to Drogo.

The reason for the change is that Drogo De Monte Acuito is one of my ancestors, a Norman knight that invaded England with William the Conqueror.

Thanks.
    That's cool
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Looks like some of the name change requests go back a month or more.

I may have some wait time.

Feedback Score
    Can I please get a name change to AlphaBravoCharlie? or if too long just AlphaCharlie, my initials. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    lol, nevermind.
    Last edited by a0cake; 10-26-12 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    Hahah! That's exactly why I want it changed, signed up when I was a fanboy... Feel like I've outgrown it!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Deleted.
    Last edited by ARonBoard; 10-26-12 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Gentlemen,

There appears to be considerable confusion out there with respect to our name change policy. As we close on 60,000 members, you can imagine how this has added considerably to the staff's workload; especially as more and more folks have come to view this a simple ask-and-receive process in this thread.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
    When you join the site, we expect you to establish a well-thought-out user name that will represent you well for many years, is not likely to be outgrown, and will not be found to be in poor taste in the years to come. Your selection, once approved, will continue to be your user name for as long as you maintain an affiliation with the site. Period.

ONE CHANGE MAY BE APPROVED
    We acknowledge that some members mature over time, come to realize the error of their ways, or just wish to change affiliations, and in such cases, we are willing to entertain a single user name change. Highlight the specifics of your concern (i.e. I no longer wish to be known as "BushmastaFunkenstein" because I'm no longer 14 years old, do not own a Bushmaster rifle and am just generally less of an idiot than I was when I first joined.)

MULTIPLE CHANGES WILL GENERALLY NOT BE APPROVED
    It's been a couple of years, you're looking to change some things up, and you want to align your M4C user name with the one you're now using everywhere else? We probably won't rule in your favor, but you are always welcome to plead your case; especially if a number of years have passed since the last change. As stated, we just are not in favor changing member identities. Yes, there is an associated staff workload issue in play here, but more to the point, it is just disorienting and confusing for all concerned to be on a resource that constantly permits members to constantly reinvent themselves, whether the reasons ultimately happen to be above-board or not.

Request if you must -- just realize the level of scrutiny is going to be higher as we go along, and we need to put an end to the "oh yeah, I want to be somebody else now, too" epidemic that has been going on over the past several months.

AC

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567