Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Unofficial" pics from the all 6.8 Class held this weekend, 56K be careful

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

"Unofficial" pics from the all 6.8 Class held this weekend, 56K be careful

More to come and a great AAR, for now, were all tired. But some teaser pics.

Big thanks goes out to LaRue Tactical for the prizes and goodies, to SureFire for sending a member of their Military Team to shoot the class with us [], Barrett and C-Products for 6.8 Mags for all shooters, Palmetto State Armory for more mags for all shooters, to Silver State Armory for their support for this from day one, to POF-USA for sending 2 COMPLETE 6.8 rifles for use in the class to whoever needed a back up, Same to ADDAX tactical for sending a 6.8 GPU upper as well, to Individual Marksmanship Training for hosting us, lastly, thanks to those who gave this "novel" concept class a try and making it great!!

For the record... the 6.8 will do quite nicely at 500 yards! 10 shooters and a few noteworthy people in the class can attest, dont take my word for it

Sounds like we have another 6.8 class in the planning stages with SureFire for this coming Fall, I would not want to miss it!

PHOTOS

Someone got stuck...

More hi rez and action shots once I sift through them all.
    Last edited by Cold; 04-12-09 at 00:13.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Someone got stuck...

now that is funny
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Official photos below!

Thanks to TackDriver for his stellar camera, now I know why NASA uses you for photos, sorry if I did not do your camera justice!

The goal of the class was to provide marksmanship training to shooters wishing to train with the 6.8 SPC. The fundamentals were day 1. Positional shooting prone, sitting, kneeling, off hand, use of sling techniques, as well as learning to shoot when your moving/ret sway. Day 1's goal was to make hits to 200 yards on steel with these positions.

Day 2 positional shooting took us to shooting out to 400 yards, making his as constantly as possible while maintaining the proper technique. Also we did some glass shooting with the 6.8 for barrier testing (and for fun).

Day 3 shooting out to 500 with the 6.8, I will let others describe that []

Thanks again to all who sponsored the class:

LaRue Tactical
    SureFire
    Palmetto State Armory
    Silver State Armory
    Addax Tactical
    POF-USA
    C-Products

anyone I forgot, my mistake!

Photos

Pics!

Class Pic!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Rest of the pics

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post

Something about this pic doesn't look right
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    just a photo, while RO's were adjusting steel, I snapped some pics
    but nice try.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the great writeup and info!
    I wish each AAR that was posted on this forum, included detailed info on everyone's setups, and how they performed, but I certainly understand that's way more info/specs than any one single man can take the time to obtain and post.
    I would like to ask if there were any issues with any of the rifles, and if so, what are the details? How about the gas piston setups? What gas piston rifles were present, and how did they perform?
    Were there any LWRC's present? I don't think I noticed any in the pics.

How about that POF FDE rifle? I was unaware POF was doing FDE guns now, and maybe it's an aftermarket finish the owner applied?
    Anyhow, I sure wish POF would ditch that unique rail design and just build standard looking AR's. I know they have mounted DD rails in the past, but for some reason I know they never got into doing more that way. I guess they just didn't want to fool with machining them out for the piston/op rod, or what? I'm not even sure if the DD rails ever needed machining for the piston clearance?
    That funky POF rail (and especially the model with that funky "skateboard tape" texture) is the main drawback for most guys considering a POF GP rifle....
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    How did the LMT 6.8 run? Great pics!

Feedback Score
    Guys,

I was the lead instructor for this weekends class.

As far as the rifles go, only 2 I think out of 12 ran non-stop. All where 6.8 SPC.

Now before every one get upset, there are a number of issues, 1/10 twist, non-M-4 ramps, Bad mag's, weak loads, Carbine gas tubes, no maintenance performed, brand new out of the box and a new AR-15 shooter combo. You name it we had it in a failed rifle except a explosion of some sort.

I would not say all rifles failed for the same issues, some where a mix bag. I do feel the number one issue with the AR-15 6.8 SPC is the all over the map detail from manufacturer to manufacturer in how the rifles are built.

We are at this time trying to compile all the data and type up a solid AAR and spec sheet to send to manufacturer's of AR-15 6.8 SPC caliber rifles.

I think this caliber is a great 600yd and under SPR or PDW caliber. I would love to get these rifles hammered out and get the bugs worked out of them.

I would like to think this was the problem point time frame back in the start of the 60's from the .223 to 5.56mm.

Once the bugs are worked out we will have a winner here.

One key point, the students that hand built there own rifles from parts and where able to select every single piece. Had less malfunctions over all.

I think this is a testament to the knowledge and information sharing from shooter to shooter on the internet. Just one small thought.

John

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks like a good time. Shooting and vehicle recovery, all in one day. What were you in Lejeune
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast