Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canned Heat KaBoom!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Canned Heat KaBoom!!!

...forged upper and lower saved my pretty face....but I will not shoot this shit again...

Needless to say, they DO NOT stand behind their product...

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceWindu
    ...forged upper and lower saved my pretty face....but I will not shoot this shit again...

Needless to say, they DO NOT stand behind their product...

27 August 2006?

I would disagree with your "needless to say" part... get the word out about their reaction.

Could you tell us about their response? Was it just a big "FU, not our problem" when you contacted them?

Edit: Glad you're okay!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mace,

A .45 acp round of remanufactured ammo from Houston Cartridge Company blew up a Les Baer Custom pistol I had back in 2000 or 2001, it took me close to a year to get Houston Cartridge Company to pay for a new pistol.

Even though they paid for a replacement, they still never took responsiblity for the damage their round did to my pistol.

Even after the work had been done, Houston Cartridge Company stated that Les Baer was nothing more than a shade tree gunsmith and that his pistol fired out of battery, thus causing the kaboom. This was not the case, but this is how far Houston Cartride Company went in deneying that a round of their ammo caused a kaboom to my gun, and damage to my hand and face.

The moral to this story.....Don't expect them to come forward and claim responsibility....it can adversly effect their sales...thus they will deney everything to the end.

Good luck

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark
    27 August 2006?

I would disagree with your "needless to say" part... get the word out about their reaction.

Could you tell us about their response? Was it just a big "FU, not our problem" when you contacted them?

Edit: Glad you're okay!
    Disagree?

I know of 3 other dudes who had KaBooms and they all got the same reaction. The owner who I spoke to said that this "never" happened before, when in fact: I was there when the 1st one happened and was reported 2 mos before mine!

I had 2 top tier builders, very well respected in the AR gunsmith community, state that it was IN FACT the ammo.

I am trying to spread the word now. Things happen, but stand behind your product. They DON'T.

Mace

Feedback Score
    Disagree?

I know of 3 other dudes who had KaBooms and they all got the same reaction. The owner who I spoke to said that this "never" happened before, when in fact: I was there when the 1st one happened and was reported 2 mos before mine!

I had 2 top tier builders, very well respected in the AR gunsmith community, state that it was IN FACT the ammo.

I am trying to spread the word now. Things happen, but stand behind your product. They DON'T.

Mace
    Before you get all preachy, you might want to include in your original post all the particulars. You know, when you bought the ammo and where. When the kB happened. When you contacted GA. What their response was. Etc.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Before you get all preachy

Huh?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's crazy man i have a few hundred rounds of their ammo left for my RRA. Needless to say I wont buy from them anymore their prices went up big time too. I have shot at least 3K rounds of their canned heat and never had a problem.

It seems like every time there is a KB with ammo. The manufacturers always try to say the rifle fired out of battery. Starting to sound like a broken record.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    Disagree?

I'm not questioning your story, just the assertion that there's no need to say how GA doesn't stand behind their product, as if we all know the background of your post-kaBoom interactions with them. Your statements above are helpful towards providing us that background. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    #1: May '06 Purchased 20K rounds for me and my bros to train with

#2: June '06 My bros carbine KaBooms with the stuff in a Carbine course...

#3: GA is contacted that same week and tells my bro that if it is found that it is there ammo, they will take care of it no problem

#4: Carbine is packaged up and sent to a top notch builder, who states that the ammo casing is clearly GA's, whats left of it.

#5: July '06 Curtis of GA and the builder have gone back and forth but every call made after the first couple of phone calls is NOT returned.

#6: August '06 My carbine KaBooms using GA Canned Heat. I contact Curtis with complete details, pics of the carbine and heastamp that is CLEARLY his. I am very patient and accomodate all of his wishes to prove that it is HIS AMMO.

I send my carbine to the same respected builder, who in fact, contacted another top builder and both conclude the ammo is GA Canned Heat and was the cause of the KaBoom.

Per company policy, I called all my bros and collected all the ammo and sent it back, for a full refund of the remaining ammo.

#7: September, October '06 After many calls and debate, Curtis denies that it is his ammo, STILL. Bullshit. I told him that I just want my carbine paid for and we can go our separate ways. He initially wanted to only pay for 50%. Bullshit man...I am still being cordial, because you can get more with honey than you can with vinegar.

#8: I am fighting to get my carbine paid for and my bros, since I ordered the ammo. I ate the cost for shipping and DROS'ing a new lower. Finally, out of "goodwill, but no claim of responsibility" they paid for 90% of both our carbines.

GA = Bad business practices. They claim to sell 100K of ammo per week, but can't take care of a customers carbine because of their poor QA?

Shit breaks, no problem. If they would have taken care of it ASAP, no harm, no foul. I know of 4 carbines that KaBoomed with their ammo.

I will never do business with them again.

Feedback Score
    Mace,

Glad your ok and didn't have worse happen to you.

I stopped shooting other peoples reloads because of those types of things and will only shoot factory or the loads I make.

I had a strange mini boom shooting reloads through my Ruger P85 MKII back in the late 80's, just trying to save a few bucks. What happened at the range was while I was shooting these reloads I got a strange report, not a boom, kind of like a pop with lots of blue smoke like I was shooting black powder.

The other shooters and the RO looked and wondered what happened. I stripped and checked the Ruger and all was fine thank God! I shit canned those reloads right on the spot and went out later and bought a Dillon square deal for 9mm and started doing my own and swore to never shoot other peoples reloads period from that day on.

Good luck on trying to get what you can fixed!

Robert

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast