Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medical Training for Laypersons

Feedback Score
    The question originally came up because there were questions on the consistancy of MFR training..some teach to an almost Basic level of ability, and others don't get much beyond first aid. However a friend of one of the guys is setting one up and its supposed to be good stuff, so I think most of the group settled on that.

I just passed the Nation Registry last week for EMT-B..looking for a casual/contingency job in the field now..have a few few leads through friends, so wish me luck.
    Deeds, not words.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congratulations!

You might consider doing the volunteer Fire / EMS route to build up some experience. It's how I got started in 1978, especially good to get 911 runs, convelescent transport is good for skill building and confidence, but the 911 runs are where it's at.

Good luck, let us know if we can help.

Bob

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    I just passed the Nation Registry last week for EMT-B..looking for a casual/contingency job in the field now..have a few few leads through friends, so wish me luck.
    Do everything you can. See everything you can. Learn from everyone you can. Go somewhere where you'll see a lot of patients with a wide variety of conditions and injuries.

BLS skills save lives. Ensure your fundamentals are rock solid.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Congratulations and good luck.

It you have trouble...try finding a volunteer position. They're all over the place and it will give you valuable experience. Often departments will hire from their volunteer pool as well.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Thanks, all.

I actually have an orientation with the Red Cross on Monday. I've heard mixed opinions on that but the local group is pretty solid. Also have a very good chance of getting on with the dept I want, if the state doesn't take too long sending me a license.
    Deeds, not words.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123