Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Detonics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    so these little buggers are meant to be carried hammer down on a round and pulled out quickly while you are cocking them...

Just removing the rear sight from it's original position aids in this?

It HELPS to do this more than it HURTS having a decent sight radius?

I look at these like most freaks of nature. There are a lot of anomalies in humans that modern science and drugs have helped keep alive. Collectors have helped these oddball guns stay alive in a world they should have otherwised perished in...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    If you look at the time frame when these guns were really popular, hammer down carry was more prevelant. Back in the 80's most cops were carrying revolvers, there wasn't a plethora of small big bore autos, so the Detonics was a pretty cool thing. Among gun guys, Detonics were cool. I had a Detonics upper done on an aluminum lower that I often carried to court in an ankle holster so I didn't have to wear a jacket. Having an 8 round .45 in an ankle rig instead of a 5 shot Chief's that all my buddy's had was a real positive. These guns competed size wise with Colt Detective specials and the small S&W revolvers..............at this point the Detonics sight situation was much better than the small revolvers. Heck for 80's cool, even Sonny Crocket carried a Detonics on his ankle .

If you keep these guns in context, they were at the forefront of concealable big bores. I would definately take a Glock 36 over one today, but that wasn't an option many years ago. For those truely dedicated to the horribly "outdated" (read that with sarcasm.....) 1911, the Detonics and guns of this type work to keep your system of carry consistent.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    It never ceases to amaze me the comments by people that don't get what the 'gun world' was like back in the '70s & early '80s. You couldn't buy parts, guns & ammo like we have available today - they just didn't exist & had to be custom made. Some methods of carry & deployment have changed considerably since then - some didn't. I'm just saying...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12