Thread: DPMS 308 first shots

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

DPMS 308 first shots

Thought it would be a great day to test out the new DPMS LR-308. However the area I was shooting at had tons of fallen lumber and the termites were swarming. By the time I got to shot 7 my shirt was covered and shots 8 and 9 I had them crawling all over my face while trying to aim and shoot. 9 shots is all I could take and had to wait for a better day. By shot 8 I had the front post all the way up, the rear site was all the way down and about 2 clicks from being all the way to the left. WIN 147Gr. FMJ 25 yds First 7 shots were the small peep and 8 & 9 were the large peep.

Feedback Score

Off topic

Sorry to post off topic but the graphs you are using for targets look like the ones I used working for Carlisle Power Transmission as a Steam Pot Operator.....Brought back some old and painful memories.
    Too bad about the termites ruining your range time. I look forward to an update in the near future.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Post some 100 yard groups so that we (and you) can see what it is capable of.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    hope to do that this weekend, but with a little more distance. Going for 500-1000yds. and about 650grains and 750 grains..... I will be sure to post those pictures.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rat31465
    Sorry to post off topic but the graphs you are using for targets look like the ones I used working for Carlisle Power Transmission as a Steam Pot Operator
    Circular charts, I still have customers that use them but most of them have gone to PC's with datalogging software. Most everybody dumps there logs into Excel to run reports.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    and about 650grains and 750 grains..... I will be sure to post those pictures.
    I kinda lost ya' there? Are you talking about 308 or 50BMG?
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score

Circular Graphs

Yeah, Carlisle had some equipment which was updated as you describe. But the division I worked in still used the same steam pots which were originally installed in 1940.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Circular charts, I still have customers that use them but most of them have gone to PC's with datalogging software. Most everybody dumps there logs into Excel to run reports.

I kinda lost ya' there? Are you talking about 308 or 50BMG?

50BMG

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think we still use those graphs in our air conditioned warehouses.