Thread: Large Range Bag Suggestions

Feedback Score

Large Range Bag Suggestions

I know - probably asked frequently. Still sorting through my search results, but wanted to get some ideas of what some of you guys are currently using. I'm looking for a large bag, with exterior pockets for small items such as ear pro, eye pro, timer, bottle of water, etc, and would love a pocket dedicated to mags with retention loops of some sort. Large interior space that can be divided into sections would be sweet. Would like to keep the price under $200 - would LOVE to keep the price under $150. Any ideas? Spotted a nice bag at Eagle, and one at Maxpedition - but price is on the upper limit. Thought I'd check with the knowledge base before shelling out that kind of cheddar.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check Bagmaster. They're stuff is built like a bank vault and in the USA. I have one of their bags that I've used for 2-3 matches a month for several years and it still looks new.

http://www.bagmaster.com/
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mdway USA has their store brand range bag at 59.00 retal with a sale price of 39.99. While it is sewn off shore it is reasonablly well made and quite large. It is absolutely the best bag for the money and would be a bargin even at full retail plus shipping

From the midway website

" The MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag was built from the ground up to be the best range bag on the market. Perfect for competition or a day at the range, this bag is big enough to hold everything you need in a neat and organized fashion. Super tough coated PVC material, reinforced stitching, heavy duty zippers and closed cell foam padding in all pockets provide a long lasting range bag that ensures excellent protection for your gear. The Competition Range Bag is actually 5 bags in one, a huge main bag, a removable stage bag/ammunition carrier, 2 removable pistol rugs and a removable fired brass or ammunition carrying bag. One of the very best bags on the market at any price!

Technical Information:

Overall dimensions: 22"L x 15"W x 10"H.
    9 Total pockets: 7 on main bag - 2 on removable stage bag/ammunition carrier.
    14 Total magazine pouches 1 1/2"L x 4 1/2"H 8 in rear compartment - 6 in stage bag/ammunition carrier.
    Fired brass carrying bag 5" Diameter 6"H with cinch top, reinforced mesh bottom and chrome plated steel clasps.
    Heavy duty 2"W x 52"L removable carrying strap with shoulder pad and chrome plated steel clasps.
    Full wrap around carrying straps with 5" strap connector/handle with hook and loop closure.
    External ID pocket.
    2 Non-slip stabilizing pads 2" x 5" on bottom of bag.
    Main compartment 17"L x 10"W x 10"H.
    Includes:
    2 removable padded pistol rugs with zippers 8 1/2"H x 12"W fit most large frame semi-auto pistols and revolvers with barrels up to 6".
    Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier with carrying handles for portability 15"L x 5"W x7.5"H.
    Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier features:
    2 Padded zippered pockets 7 1/2"H x 15"L.
    2 Padded moveable hook and loop equiped compartment walls.
    2 Chrome plated steel D-rings for quick attachment of the carry strap.
    Full wrap-around nylon handles.
    Front compartments - 2 Padded zippered pockets 8"L x 2"W x 8"H - Right side pocket features embroidered MidwayUSA Logo.
    Right side compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 8"H with 5 internal elastic accessory holders 1 1/4"W x 2 1/2"H.
    Left side compartments - 1 Padded zippered pocket 4"L x 2"W x 8"H and 1 padded beverage holder with drain hole.
    Rear compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 16"W which features:
    8 magazine pouches.
    Internal padded pocket 8"L by 15 1/2"W.
    12 various sized internal elastic accessory holders designed to hold brushes, jags etc for calibers from 50 down to 17. "

david of vcdgrips.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got the Tac-Force range bag in the small size and really like it a lot. It's built like a tank. I looked at the large size in a shop and thought it might be too big. Wished I would have got it now. The small size is fine if you are taking handguns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo for yourself. When I loaded it up a couple weeks ago loaded up with ammo for 22 rifle, handgun and the AR with mags for all 3 it was stuffed - and I only had 1 set of ears in it.

The week after I noticed the Miday range bag on sale for $39 and ordered it. It is large and holds a ton of gear. Will be nice when I want to carry all the above and an extra set of ears for the wife and other stuff. It's built very good but not as good as the Tac-Force range bag. For the money though, the Midway bag is a no brainer.

If you google Midway range bag review you'll find several reviews with lots of pics.