Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NRA Service Rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Competitive Shooting

I would never look down my nose at any form of rifle competition, they all require you to master the firearm in the many firing positions that
    are required, trigger control, shooting in changing conditions, wind doping ect ect. Shooting is shooting you can learn something in every
    discipline you thought you understood.
    High Power is an excellent way to learn and master the basics of rifle
    competition that when mastered can serve you well in other disciplines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
    A lot is up to the match director. You would still be in the match rifle class if using anything besides a 20" AR.

You could perform really well on the reduced targets, but an M4 at 600 yards would embarass you. Not only is velocity lost, but your iron sight radius is 4" shorter and that makes a huge difference. A little fuzzy at 600 yards is in the 7 ring.

To top it off they are too loud as well. I hope they don't allow shorties as they suck for the distance and are uncompetitive in general.
    The 6920 is allowed to be used in the service rifle competitions. What isn't allowed is the collapsable stock. My daughter's first competition week was at Camp Butner in june 09, she ran my 6920 that the Marines put an A2 stock on for the competition. This is allowable for Service Rifle competition.

The link leads to detail on Butner from last year:

http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/easternjrhpclinic.htm

The attached picture is the 6920 with the A2 stock on it. About midway through the 09 season I bought her a RRA NMA4.
    Last edited by Smuckatelli; 01-27-12 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    I used to train with the marksmanship team of the WA Army Guard. I look forward to resume training when I get back from this deployment.

Match Grade M-14 rifle issued to me at the time.

My buddies getting set up.

600yd line at the KD range on Ft. Lewis.
    Last edited by sixgun-symphony; 03-05-11 at 03:02.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exkc135driver View Post
    Oh, yes, one final thing. These matches (CMP matches and some club matches excepted) are NRA matches. If you aren’t an NRA member (a) you can’t enter these matches and (b) WTF are you doing on this forum if you don’t support the 2nd Amendment? (If you aren’t an NRA member, you DON’T support the 2nd Amendment. Want to disagree with that statement? Don’t bother. Go whine somewhere else. Try USPSA. They don't require NRA membership, and whining is tolerated – even encouraged – over there.)
    That's just as ignorant of a statement as the guy saying this is a outdated useless sport.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567