Thread: hornady loader???

Feedback Score

hornady loader???

for loading 223, 45acp, 40 s&w, 308.......a hornady lock-n-load...a dillon 550....a dillon 650?? and why. thanks!

Feedback Score
    Toward the end of March my Hornady Lock and Load AP progressive came in and was set up. I have used Dillon equipment for about eight years and was really impressed with the Hornady, and still am. So far I have loaded about 1,000 .223 rounds without any issues. If I had the powder primers and projectiles it would be many more times that.

The press is built like a tank with three grease fittings and is very comparable to the Dillon 650 in features and loading rates.

Positive features for Hornady:
    - 1,000 free bullets
    - Changing calibers is very simple
    - Changing form large to small primers is much simpler than Dillon in my opinion.
    - The auto index only moves 1/2 station per stroke and does not jar cases or spill powder like the presses that move 1 full station.
    - The powder measure is dead accurate with ball powder.
    - The press has five stations so a powder check die can be used.
    Last edited by Henchman; 04-15-09 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    thats the kind of infor. i'm looking for. thanks!! anyone else?

Feedback Score
    Do a bunch of research. For starters, take a look at these resources and discussions as a brief example:
    Dillon vs. Hornady vs. Lee

Deciding between a Dillon 550 and Hornady LNL

Is the Hornady LNL Really Cheaper Than the Dillon XL650?

I'm looking at getting one too, and right now there's about a 80% change I'm going to go with the Hornady LNL.

Feedback Score
    thanks, gonna do just that! the only L N L i can find right now is to bid for one one ebay, but no one has the shell plates etc. very frustrating! oh well. shoulda started this months ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcatman View Post
    thanks, gonna do just that! the only L N L i can find right now is to bid for one one ebay, but no one has the shell plates etc. very frustrating! oh well. shoulda started this months ago.
    Just get on some back order lists at the big online reloading shops (Wideners, Midway, Powder Valley, etc.), and you'll be able to get a LNL base unit for about $369-399 it looks like, and might be able to get some kind of free shipping with purchase over XX dollars. Good luck!