Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN SLP MK1

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 33shooter View Post
    Anyone have one of these, and what do you think? I have read that they can be finicky on ammo, is this true? I want the mk1 for the barrel length and capacity. Is there any issues they have that I need to know about?
    I've got the SLP (18" bbl, gr sights). It has been 100 precent reliable with only a couple of hundred rounds through her (mix of full power Remington 00 buck, Federal LE 132 00 9 pellet low recoil w/FLITECONTROL wad, and Estate Heavy Game Loads (3.25 dram 1 1/8 oz. #6)) - all using the light load piston.

Here's a link on breaking in the piston: First range report - FN Self Loading Police (SLP), The High Road, member DHart

Here's my range report: FNH SLP.

My rail wasn't secured very well from the factory and the screws came loose, one falling into the dirt which I found. Check them, use blue loc-tite and secure them better if needed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    I am in the process of changing over to a FN from a 1100 tactical. The 1100 and the FN are strictly 3gun items for me. I can tell that arguably the best 3gunner in the world, Daniel Horner uses a FN. He shoots for the AMU and he is not sponsered by any gun company, he chooses to use the FN. The FN does have the fastest action of any shotgun in the world. Which is one of the reasons he switched to the FN. He could lierately outrun the action of the Rem and Benellis. My reason for changing is not for any other purpose than to try something new. I want to see if I can be quicker with the FN.

Matt
    Nah you just have gotten tired of me whipping yo' ass in shotgun stages!
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12