Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Discrete" rifle bag: Voodoo (field) hockey bag (56K killer !!!)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    esskay,

I ordered the "Voodoo Escape Pack Code Red". The one that Charlie 2-6 wrote an evaluation on. I chose that for the size (make sure you look at the specs, they all look similar but are different sizes) and the sheeple friendly color. Hope that helps.

KaliSIG
    "Oderint dum metuant." - Caligula

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    esskay - I ordered this one:

http://www.mantishockey.com/xcart/pr...cat=251&page=1

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaliSIG View Post
    esskay,

I ordered the "Voodoo Escape Pack Code Red". The one that Charlie 2-6 wrote an evaluation on. I chose that for the size (make sure you look at the specs, they all look similar but are different sizes) and the sheeple friendly color. Hope that helps.

KaliSIG
    Hey KaliSIG, those are the very same reasons I based my choice on. Most of the other "discrete" riflecases come in black, tan or OD which still scream "tactical" IMHO.
    That skateboard bag is a nice on too. Would it fit a parted SIG550 without too much rattle & movement?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    has anyone that ordered one over the weekend gotten theirs?

Feedback Score
    I ordered on Tuesday, my status quickly changed to "Processed" and hasn't updated since. Anyone get a shipping notice yet?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    i tried calling the phone number in the email and all i got was voicemail. i've left two messages, and an email. my status hasn't changed since sunday.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I received mine on Friday. It works pretty good. I made the usual "bag of evil" trip to a friend's house with it. I put an LMT complete lower with SOPMOD, and my new BCM complete lower in the bottom. A pair of uppers went in the top front compartment.

And then I had room for a mailing tube full of Magpul posters in the main stick compartment.

So if you want to break them down, it will hold three AR's. The carry straps are not bad. Not great, but not bad.

I'm going to set it up for my Tactical Solutions dedicated .22 carbine. I figure I can get the AR in there, a rolled-up shooting mat, and ten mags, plus eye/ear pro.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    mine finally came in. fits my fully loaded ak NO PROBLEMS. <OP> a) thanks for posting this b) you did a poor job of describing how much room this damn thing has! it's WONDERFUL!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    .... <OP> .... b) you did a poor job of describing how much room this damn thing has! it's WONDERFUL!
    So sue me for malpractice
    Glad you like it sofar and let's hope that it lasts for quite a while. That's the only concern I have: how long will it last. Like I mentioned in my initial post: it'll most likely not withstand hard use, but for hauling your gear & gun around it should do just fine.
    BTW, would you mind posting some pics of your bag with the AK in.

thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    excuse the pictures. had to use my crappy camera phone as psychomom has taken the digital camera to the hospital to take pictures of her brother's newest spawn

my ak is currently equipped with an aimpoint micro, Magpul MOE stock (i run it one click out), hungarian 20 round magazine, spike's shorty vfg, vicking tactics light mount with a surefire G2L. i've got the OSOE single point attached while in the bag.

Note to ak users: due to the black plastic insert on the straps side of the bag, you must insert your AK with the bolt facing AWAY from the straps. it will snag on the insert, making extraction even slower.

eta: I've got my OSOE Micro AK rig in the lowest pouch, and so far have been able to fit a change of cloths, tarptent contrail tent, marmot trestle trails sleeping bag, and big agnes air core sleeping pad in the compartment in front of the weapons cache. I'm thinking a few broken down mres in the flap pouch, and you've got a damn good GHB.
    Last edited by calicojack; 07-01-09 at 10:53.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast