Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Discrete" rifle bag: Voodoo (field) hockey bag (56K killer !!!)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Saw the blue bag version that a fellow M4C member brought over. Nicely made and suitable discreet carry bag, but it could really stand some closed cell padding in it...
    at the very least, on the shoulder strap side to protect one's back.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hey calico, thanks for the pics. Are you sure we have similar sized bags. Going by your comments and the gear you stuff into it, it seems to be bigger.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    yep. you got the big one yes? i just got the yellow version. btw, my largest piece of gear is 14x7. everything else packs up to just bigger than a quart of paint.

Feedback Score
    Received our bags.

Just to clarify some more -- while the product description shows an overall length of 1060mm (41.7"), the "stick pocket" where you would put your long gun doesn't extend the full length of the bag. The longest weapon I could fit into the stick pocket was an 870 with standard straight stock and extended magazine (the Remington one which extends a tad bit further and makes it a tight fit). I believe that gun is about 38.5" long. A Benelli with its longish stock and 18.5" barrel would not fit.

Echoing others' comments, the bag will accommodate a fair amount of gear (the other pockets are pretty roomy!).

And it's super discreet, no one will suspect what you've got in the bag...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    i'd love to see how more of you are packing your bags out.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The Voodoo Escape Field Hockey bag has Different Pockets. Two large, one medium and four small. It has padded shoulder straps and a webbing waist strap for stability.
    The bag is being pictured fully loaded (which i will get to in a moment)

The Top Pouch is big enough to fit my entire Katadyn Hiker Pro Water Microfilter

It has one "winged" pouch of each side. i don't currently have them occupied, but they are large enough for a small mess kit, or first aid kit

Under the top flap there is a large central pouch. I used this pouch (all listed below) tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and change of clothes

below that pouch is a medium sized pouch. I have my chest rig and first line stored there.

The rear pouch is where the money is. The rear most pouch, which is on the side that the straps are on, holds my pimped out 16" ak w/collapsed magpul MOE stock with inches to spare

Pictured above is:
    Pimped out ak (see below)
    My Marmot Trestle Trails sleeping bag
    Big Agnes Air Core sleeping pad
    tarptent contrail shelter
    OSOE Micro Ak chest rig
    First line belt (includes ats warbelt, emdom dump pouch, emdom 6o4 pistol pouch, osoe rally man mag pouch, and safariland 6004 holster)
    water filter (listed above)
    and a change of clothes.

There is plenty more room in the main pouch where i keep my shelter and what not, and i have no doubt i could throw in some mres. There is no hydration pouch, but hell, after all it is a field hockey bag and not a tacticool accessory.

I have no idea how long this bag will last being thrown in the truck fully loaded, dragged through fields, or used outside it's main purpose (field hockey) but for $35 i could pass up on it.

Feedback Score

Voodoo Bag Arrived Today

Thanks for the pics guys. I ordered the Brown Escape Pack.... but didn't get mine from Mantis Field Hockey. Found it here cheaper instead:

http://www.shopfieldhockey.com/index.php?cPath=32_2_19

Looks like it will be a comfortable option for carrying my gear. The shoulder straps have reinforced padding, and the storage is adequate for my needs.

Thanks for the tip again.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Nice discreet packs.
    Similar to what I have been using etc.

Feedback Score
    Just ordered one of these bags and you can't beat the price. I don't expect it to be as sturdy or as durable as the other offerings but perfect for an occasional discreet carry in public...
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    just ordered the voodoo chaos. cant wait to get it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast