Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama on the news last night about assault rifle ban

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    I agree skin color has nothing to do with it. The American people need to look past the whole "Messiah" image and realize he is still a politician.
    Then why post it in the first place?!? I am so sick of the: "his skin color"...blah...blah ...blah...

Get over it.

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    +1000 for skin color has nothing to do with it. My skin has been saved once or twice by folks bearing other skin tones. I don't like the current administration, but, I'm a friendly, happy go lucky kind of guy. I, as a Veteran, take offense from the current administration. WELL, GUESS WHAT, I DO FEEL OFFENDED, AND I DO DEFEND WHAT IS RIGHT! As a Veteran I feel like everytimne this administration opens it's big fat ACORN stuffed mouth, it kicks me square in the nuts. I am, as a matter of fact, getting ready to do some nut kicking of my own, as I know a few others are as well. So what, I'm a Veteran with Conservitive ideals and a deep rooted respect for Our Constitution. I'm being labeled as a domestic terrorist? Before September eleventh, two-thousand-one. I had a family, a good career,..................... I jumped out of myself to go protect this country against terrorists, and now I have been prejeduced by the government which I defended?
    Fine I say! Let the chips fall where they may. I got a lot to live for, so I ain't going nowhere. Label me what you will. I will go to my grave, knowing that I am a patriot.

Feedback Score
    Didn't mean to upset anyone

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by geminidglocker View Post
    +1000 for skin color has nothing to do with it. My skin has been saved once or twice by folks bearing other skin tones. I don't like the current administration, but, I'm a friendly, happy go lucky kind of guy. I, as a Veteran, take offense from the current administration. WELL, GUESS WHAT, I DO FEEL OFFENDED, AND I DO DEFEND WHAT IS RIGHT! As a Veteran I feel like everytimne this administration opens it's big fat ACORN stuffed mouth, it kicks me square in the nuts. I am, as a matter of fact, getting ready to do some nut kicking of my own, as I know a few others are as well. So what, I'm a Veteran with Conservitive ideals and a deep rooted respect for Our Constitution. I'm being labeled as a domestic terrorist? Before September eleventh, two-thousand-one. I had a family, a good career,..................... I jumped out of myself to go protect this country against terrorists, and now I have been prejeduced by the government which I defended?
    Fine I say! Let the chips fall where they may. I got a lot to live for, so I ain't going nowhere. Label me what you will. I will go to my grave, knowing that I am a patriot.
    You've got to thank the Clinton Administration and "Full Metal Janet" Reno for labeling you a "Tango".

Feedback Score
    When the current Administration moved into the White House , they had the worst gun rights record in history. People had good reason to expect a storm of executive orders , all kinds of anti-gun bills moving through Congress and a steady stream of 1990's style gun ban speeches from the POTUS.
    So , what's Mr. Obama done about gun control?
    Nothing.
    Why ?
    Because he can't. Not enough votes in Congress and public support for gun control is the lowest in living memory. It's not 1994 anymore.

There is one gun-grabber bill in Congress. HR 45 has no ( none , nada , zilch) co-sponsors.
    The Senate voted to kill the DC gun ban games a few weeks ago 61 to 36.
    It takes 2/3's of the Senate to rarify a treaty-- which means that the old , tired UN arms treaty is still deader than roadkill. And it's not coming back. It's a very good excuse to write another letter to Congress but a very stupid reason to pay $350.00 for a case of Wolf or $1200.00 for a DPMS.

The Second Amendment movement is stronger , bigger , better organized , and (except for the tin foil hat Red Dawn jerk-offs) smarter than ever before.
    The current POTUS may be very misguided about a lot of things , but he's no idiot.
    He's smart enough to see that gun control is a loser issue. Gun owners are just too strong , and too active to mess with.
    We are winning.
    www.saf.org
    www.nra.com
    Last edited by A-Bear680; 04-18-09 at 05:46.

Feedback Score
    Wait and watch.

IMO, the news media will play up every mass murder and shooting they can. I believe the time will come when Obama says he doesn't want infringement on our rights, but the American people are demanding it. There will be no other choice but to regulate these horrible weapons.

Please take a little time to look at history. "The people" will demand protection, and it will be given to them.

I can't believe the pace at which the stage is being set to have our country crumble.

Mark15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark15 View Post
    Wait and watch.

IMO, the news media will play up every mass murder and shooting they can. I believe the time will come when Obama says he doesn't want infringement on our rights, but the American people are demanding it. There will be no other choice but to regulate these horrible weapons.

Please take a little time to look at history. "The people" will demand protection, and it will be given to them.

I can't believe the pace at which the stage is being set to have our country crumble.

Mark15
    Benjamin Franklin said it best:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    I agree skin color has nothing to do with it. The American people need to look past the whole "Messiah" image and realize he is still a CHICAGO politician.
    FIFY

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Is The_Katar on vacation or something? Sick? I hope he's okay.

Feedback Score
    Right now , I'm making choices based on objective factors like NRA grades for the current and the last Congress , voting and bill co-sponsorship patterns , bills intro'd in Congress , and Heller Amicus briefs. Public opinion polls , buying patterns , organization membership trends ,etc , count , too. I live in a Second Amendment friendly state , that's important to me..

So far , the info that I can find-- the hard facts and solid numbers -- say that the 2nd Amendment movement ( in Congress and most states ) can --- has and will-- continue to stop the gun-grabbers cold. That's been the post-'94 AWB gun-owner trend. There's plenty more to do , but the trend is solid.
    We are winning-- they are losing.

I'd like to see some hard facts , solid numbers , links and sources that indicate otherwise. What would make someone believe that are we a bunch of losers?
    Not the standard , "Obama don't like guns" , "Pelosi & Feinstein said" , '"the talking heads on TV don't like gun-owners " Arfcom crisis-of -the-week BS--- something solid and trackable . Like --votes in Congress , Heller brief numbers , co-sponsorship numbers.

Hard facts , solid numbers ?
    Got any?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast