Thread: Seeking Vendor to Cut M4 Feedramps Into 6.8 SPC Stag Model 5

Feedback Score

Seeking Vendor to Cut M4 Feedramps Into 6.8 SPC Stag Model 5

Hello Guy's, I'm seeking a reliable vendor to modify the feedramps on my STAG ARMS Model 5 to an M4 type of configuration. ( 6.8 SPC / Spec. II Chamber ) Some folks have advised me to "cut them" myself, as it's a relatively simple operation. However, knowing my luck, I'd prefer to have the work performed by someone who's familiar with this particular modification, just to be on the safe side. So, is there anyone out there who performs this type of work, and is willing to work on STAG ARMS products ? ( BTW, I immediately thought of S.A.W. down in Chandler, Arizona, but they only work on Colt's.) I THANK everyone in advance for their replies, & look forward to your suggestions.

Regards, dpast32

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is there a feeding problem with the upper?

Feedback Score
    Hi, THANK'S for the extremely prompt reply. NO, I haven't had any feed, or any other problems as of yet. Because, the weapon is still unfired !! With the current price of 6.8 ammo ( and of ALL other ammo for that matter ) I haven't had the time nor inclination to fire it yet. However, after searching around for some background data on the STAG 6.8's, I've been advised by a fair amount of people that perhaps I should think about having the M4 style ramps put into it, just in case, as they say. NOW, I'm well aware of the old adage, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" & "leave well enough alone", etc., etc. Although that may well be true in some instances, does it really apply to this issue ?? I've heard varying stories about the STAG 6.8's when using different bullet weights in it. Some say that the STAG's tend to have feed issues when using the lighter weight heads, such as 85 & 90 gr's ? Some say that even the "basic" weight ( 110 / 115 gr. ) projectiles will have trouble sooner or later w/o the M4 ramps ?? THEN, I've also listened to the "other" camp. They state that if the STAG 6.8's really needed M4 style feedramps, STAG would have manufactured them that way from the factory. I'm sure that I could solve the mystery once & for all by running a few hundred or so rounds through it, but I just hate burn up all my 6.8 ammo right now, especially since I won't be able to replace it right away. I figured that if I could manage to locate a vendor who did decent work at a fair price, I'd have the option available to me if I chose to go that route. What are your thought's on the matter ? THANK's again for your reply, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards, dpast32

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My inclination would be to fire the weapon before making any mods.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    6.8, due to the size of the rounds putting the bullet tip lower in the mag, just about requires extended feed ramps on the upper for reliable feeding of all bullet types. This isn't at all like 5.56, where feed ramps are really only needed in full auto carbines.

To the OP, I would suggest sending your upper to Adco Firearms. Steve and company do a fantastic job and are very quick with turnarounds - usually a week or less. Just go to the web site and choose Shop Services.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes