Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactics Carbine 1.5, 11-13 Sep 2009 Fayetteville, NC

Feedback Score

Viking Tactics Carbine 1.5, 11-13 Sep 2009 Fayetteville, NC

Mike Pannone will conduct the Viking Tactics Carbine 1.5 Course 11-13 September 2009. This class will be conducted in Fayetteville, NC.

The cost of this course is $600.00.

Contact Roy Long at sales@longrp.com for additional information and registration information.

From the Viking Tactics website

Mike Pannone is a former operational member of U.S. Marine Reconnaissance, U.S. Army Special Forces, and specially selected elements of the Joint Special Operations Command. He is also the author of the book "M16/M4 HANDBOOK."

The VTAC Carbine 1.5 is not an introductory course, however for a trained shooter this course will take you to the next level. This course will teach you the skills to allow you to operate safely as a member of an entry team or as a Patrol Rifle Officer. This course is fast pace yet thorough, we teach the basic fundamentals and then ask for these fundamentals to be applied in extreme situations. This course is physically demanding. This course will cover the following areas. Course prerequisites, VTAC Basic Carbine Course or equivalent.

The course will cover the following:

Fighting Stance
    Weapon Retention
    Position Shooting (Basic and Obscure)
    Barricade/Field Positions
    Proper Loading Techniques
    Use of Optics
    Transitions to Sidearm
    Support side shooting
    Malfunctions
    Shooting while moving
    Facing Movements
    External Ballistics
    Terminal Ballistics
    Corner Clears
    Sling Use
    Quick Target Acquisition
    Target Discrimination

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If Mike Pannone is the primary instructor, then you guys need to get on that class like a hobo on a ham sandwich. You'll be shocked how much you will learn from Mike by lunch on day one.

Feedback Score
    The registration form and info went out this week to everyone on the list. If you did not get the email, let Roy know at sales at longrp dot com.

Looks like it will be a mix of LE, .mil, and civvy.

Feedback Score
    Roy negotiated a lower room price at the Comfort Inn in Fayetteville for the class.

From his note on the subject

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-faye...?promo=gglocal

"The average rates in the area were between $100 and $119. I advised that the majority of the guests will be law enforcement or military so they reduced the rate to the current government per diem of $85.00.

The rate is available for 4 nights - 10th - 13th. There is no obligation as some may or may not need a room on the front and back end.

15 rooms are being held until August 10th. The rate is the same for 2 doubles or 1 king so if you want to double bunk and save some money the price is the same.

If you call to reserve a room please reference "viking tactics" and of course the dates. "

Feedback Score
    I spoke with Roy today. The class is about a month out. There are still some openings to fill the class.

Taking the 1.5 class meets the prerequisite to take the Street Fighter and Night Fighter classes from VTAC which I am looking forward to taking after the 1.5.

Here are some AAR on these classes.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=35127

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=9&f=19&t=228022

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a...61/m/385103353

Feedback Score
    Class Updates:

Class is a go. There are a couple of spots left if you are interested.

Instructor:
    Mike Pannone will not be able to make the trip to Fayetteville to lead our carbine class. The good news is Dan Brokos will be leading the class. Dan is a long time member of the SF community, an accomplished shooter and he's the featured shooter in the Viking Tactics videos that are on YouTube.

Chicken Feed:
    Another plus for attending the class. Team Viking Tactics has graciously offered to host their famous Chicken Feed at their place on Saturday evening.
    Last edited by BSAGCA; 08-25-09 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BSAGCA View Post
    Class Updates:

Instructor:
    The good news is Dan Brokos will be leading the class. Dan is a long time member of the SF community, an accomplished shooter and he's the featured shooter in the Viking Tactics videos that are on YouTube.
    Dan Brokos is an excellent and attentive instructor and does all the "behind the scenes" work for Kyle.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSAGCA View Post
    Class Updates:

Class is a go. There are a couple of spots left if you are interested.

Instructor:
    The bad news - Mike Pannone will not be able to make the trip to Fayetteville to lead our carbine class. The good news is Dan Brokos will be leading the class. Dan is a long time member of the SF community, an accomplished shooter and he's the featured shooter in the Viking Tactics videos that are on YouTube.

Chicken Feed:
    Another plus for attending the class. Team Viking Tactics has graciously offered to host their famous Chicken Feed at their place on Saturday evening.
    The fact that Dan is going to teach the class should not effect the outcome or quality of instruction. Dan is a great instructor who has the ability to push the students in a very professional manner.

I'm going to try and drop by to visit.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 08-25-09 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    I am attending the class and looking forward to it.

I did not mean to imply with my last post that the class would be any less without Mike. I was only disappointed in not being able to meet and train under the man whose manual I have read and liked. I have only heard of high praise for Dan's training.

Feedback Score
    I'm going to try and squeeze in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast