Thread: Two shooting incidents in one day

Feedback Score

Two shooting incidents in one day

This is what is going to push the common citizen into supporting the next "gun control measure" that gets traction. The biggest threat to gun rights might not be coming from the top if these random shootings don't stop. Seems like it's one after the other here recently.

I found myself letting out a sigh of relief when I read the last guy to off his whole family did it with a knife.

2 Fla. sheriff's deputies fatally shot

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090425/...uties_shooting

Two north Florida sheriff's deputies were shot and killed Saturday by a suspect who was later fatally shot by deputies, authorities said.

The shooting occurred around 1 p.m. when the two Okaloosa County deputies went to Shoal River Sporting Clays and Shooting Center in response to a call, said Michele Nicholson, a sheriff's spokeswoman.

Professor sought after 3 shot dead near University of Georgia

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/25/...ngs/index.html

Feedback Score
    The media learned with teen suicides, and later with school shootings, that if you sensationalize crap day in and day out, more people are going to do it.

They learned that they can dramatically change or control public perception if they simply keep at it long enough, and a third party is bright enough to take advantage of the situation - Vietnam, Iraq, etc. It's pushing Goebbel's big lie piecemeal over millions of TV sets.

They learned with elections since 2004 that they can stop ideas in their tracks - not forever, but long enough to matter for now - simply by ignoring things and acting as if they don't exist.

They're using all of these effects to their own political advantage here, knowing full well what they're doing. Their ratings have tanked as a result, and a number of outlets have gone under... but they're willing to pay the price. We're talking quite a few true-believer types here; with the seeds sown in the 70's, we've reached the point where a number of them entered journalism specifically to pursue activism.

I don't know what can be done about this, but if they have their way it will likely be a self correcting problem - they're insistent that dancing to and fro in our shared little lifeboat is the right answer, but when it capsizes, we can swim and they can't.
    Last edited by boltcatch; 04-25-09 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First, my prayers for the Deputies families and friends...

Quote Originally Posted by -gary View Post
    This is what is going to push the common citizen into supporting the next "gun control measure" that gets traction.
    I'm of the opinion mainstream media is supporting the gun control movement and will use every means at their disposal to present gun use in the worst light. Just think, when was the last time you heard of any major media outlet do a story on a self-defense situation where a gun was used to preserve lives?

Mass media can stir up the sheep, but will it be enough to get them away from Oprah to call their Senator or Congressman? If the number of pro-2A folks continues to expand and continues to remain vocal, I feel our right to keep and bear arms won't be infringed upon.
    Last edited by czydj; 04-25-09 at 20:41.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by czydj View Post
    If the number of pro-2A folks continues to expand and continues to remain vocal, I feel our right to keep and bear arms won't be infringed upon.
    I HOPE that will be enough...

These are crazy days however, and we lack the civility & the faith of an earlier time - when men could be an office manager one week, and selling apples on the street corner the next - without resorting to rioting, smashing storefronts, looting Best Buy for plasma TV's, and the like.

Most of us reading this, are better armed than our Minutemen forefathers could have DREAMED possible, but we have utter morons as elected leaders. They think that by throwing OUR money at the problems THEY'VE created, it'll make things BETTER! Do you REALLY trust they're NOT dumb enough, to TRY and disarm us?!?! Because some charlatan shiiteheel was mad at his mommy one day & shot some folks, these eager nimrods will be happy to ban anything more dangerous than a pointy stick, if they think it'll get 'em one MORE vote next election! That's what OUR rights are, by the way - bargaining chips, to be traded for VOTES - as far as THEY'RE concerned.

Germany was a MUCH more refined & educated culture before WWII than WE are today, yet look what happened when the Depression hit THEM. Australia has banned firearms ownership, and crime has risen; England has banned fighting BACK against hoodlums, and crime is out of control! Even the extremely homogeneous & stable culture of Switzerland, has listened to the greenie weenies, and is considering banning the very tools that KEEP it free and neutral there in Europe! And we all know the Libtard left of America puts MUCH more stock into what Europe is doing WRONG these days, than what they've done RIGHT over the centuries (literature, art, music, science, & philosophy, to say NOTHING of Austrian [Von Mises] economics!).

I HOPE our being vocal IS enough... I am preparing though, in case it is NOT...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Indeed. I considered the absurdity of this when I left my firearms at home so that I could go study on UGA's campus shortly after the shooting.

But, I'm sure that the professor, despite his willingness to commit murder, would have been dissuaded by a law prohibiting firearms on campus. The logic behind gun control is simply infallible.

Feedback Score
    I seems that attacks on cops are more lethal nowadays? It seems that the rate of deaths to casualites is pretty high? Is there something causing this lethality?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The part that worries me about this is that the first shooting appears to have happened at a gun shop.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Article on AOL says FL shooter had interest in militias. Wonderful.