Thread: Which RIS? (pictures please)

Feedback Score

Which RIS? (pictures please)

So I've decided to go with the DD RIS II rail system for my incoming AR-15. I'm having some problems deciding if I ought to go with the MK18 or M4A1, all I know is that I will use a Troy rear and LMT frontsight for irons to begin with, then an aimpoint micro. The gun has a 16" barrel and a carbine gas system (all I could get my hands on), it will be replaced later with a mid-length barrel.

What I would like is pictures of your guns that have got DD RIS II rails, especially if you got a 16" or 14.5" configuration. I would like to find out how a Mk18 looks with a middy gas system. It would really help me decide where to go with my build if I knew what the end result looked like for real instead of in my head only.

So this is essentially a picture request thread

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Looking good, whats your barrel length?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm still waiting on a MK18 upper...

Here is the M4 RIS II.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score