Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The official “Everything Else” Handgun Picture Thread.

Feedback Score

Fantastic S&W

Templar---That is one gorgeous revolver. That particular model is my favorite of all time closely followed by the older pinned barrel model 19's. Those grips fit that gun the best of any. They look a lot like Jordan grips.
    I don't know where in the world you found it but congratulations! I've looked for one of those for years without any luck:-(

Phil
    http://gunner777.wordpress.com/

Writer for "The Firearm Blog"
    NRA Certified LEO Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner777 View Post
    Templar---That is one gorgeous revolver. That particular model is my favorite of all time closely followed by the older pinned barrel model 19's. Those grips fit that gun the best of any. They look a lot like Jordan grips.
    I don't know where in the world you found it but congratulations! I've looked for one of those for years without any luck:-(

Phil

Thanks Phil. It's actually one of the current production Thunder Ranch Special Model 22's that Smith and Wesson is producing. Unfortunately, it's not one of the first run guns.

Now that you mention it, the Ahrends do look a lot like the old Jordan grips, but they aren't quite as thick as I remember the Jordans being. If it were anything with more recoil than .45 ACP, it wouldn't be all that pleasant to shoot.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Ah ok. I'm glad they stopped putting the lighting mark on those. I like the original look much better. Your right though to bad it's not an original but hey it's still a gorgeous revolver.
    I had some Jordans made for a 4 inch model 29 back in the late 80's and they stung something fierce! They looked good but not practical for a heavy caliber gun. I did like them on my early model 19 though. There's nothing like older S&W revolvers!
    http://gunner777.wordpress.com/

Writer for "The Firearm Blog"
    NRA Certified LEO Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner777 View Post
    Ah ok. I'm glad they stopped putting the lighting mark on those. I like the original look much better.
    So that the same model as the one with the gold bling on the side, only w/o the bling?

That's a great-looking revolver. I'm not a fan of the key lock, but even still...
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    I sent my M&P 9mm off to David Bowie for a trigger job and to have him stipple the entire grip area. I got it back yesterday. While I can't show you the trigger work (it's sweet), here is what the grip now looks like:

Now that is a non-slip grip. Me like.

Feedback Score

HK USP F .40 S&W with HK tac light

Sig P226 9mm

Walther GSP .32 international target pistol shown with .22 L.R. upper conversion
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-15A3 View Post
    Walther GSP .32 international target pistol shown with .22 L.R. upper conversion
    Wow. I haven't seen a Walther GSP since the one I shot with on my college pistol team. I LOVED that gun. It was the kind of gun that you could call each shot as it broke and you'd know exactly where it was going. Easily adjustable trigger, good weight, nice grip and just as accurate as any Pardini or what have you.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Wow. I haven't seen a Walther GSP since the one I shot with on my college pistol team. I LOVED that gun. It was the kind of gun that you could call each shot as it broke and you'd know exactly where it was going. Easily adjustable trigger, good weight, nice grip and just as accurate as any Pardini or what have you.
    I mainly use my Walther GSP .22 upper conversion as practice for my .32 which I use for my local gun club competition back around mid to late 70s.

For .22 L.R. and .22 Short target pistols I used my French made Unique DES 69 (L.R.) and Unique DES VO (Short).

My best memory of this Walther .22 is that at my same local gun club's pistol team, and some of them have Pardini and Russian TOZ free target pistols, we beat our club's archery team at a 50m competition.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    My daily BUG, and the only "pretty" gun I own:

Colt Pony Pocketlite .380, lightly worked over by Cylinder & Slide and str8 pimped with Desert Ironwood panels by Wicked Grips

Feedback Score

Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast