Thread: Glock 43X trigger bite.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

Glock 43X trigger bite.

Hey guys, this is for anyone who has a Glock 43X, do you have trigger bite/slap,etc? In fairness mine really isn't a true Glock I bought a SCT frame from Aimsurplus and put the rest together with Brownells slide/bbl, etc. Anyway, after getting it all together and thinking I saved myself $100+ bucks I'm finding out I might not of saved anything, LOL! The lower frame came complete so I just needed the slide and mags to hit the range. The dam thing is about tearing your trigger finger off, kinda sucks. So, I'm wondering if this is common with 43X pistols or just the configuration I have. Thanks for any info.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Hey guys, this is for anyone who has a Glock 43X, do you have trigger bite/slap,etc? In fairness mine really isn't a true Glock I bought a SCT frame from Aimsurplus and put the rest together with Brownells slide/bbl, etc. Anyway, after getting it all together and thinking I saved myself $100+ bucks I'm finding out I might not of saved anything, LOL! The lower frame came complete so I just needed the slide and mags to hit the range. The dam thing is about tearing your trigger finger off, kinda sucks. So, I'm wondering if this is common with 43X pistols or just the configuration I have. Thanks for any info.
    I’ve had one for over a year now with at least 1k rounds through it and have never experienced trigger bite. It is actually my favorite Glock to shoot after my G21.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I’ve had one for over a year now with at least 1k rounds through it and have never experienced trigger bite. It is actually my favorite Glock to shoot after my G21.
    Thanks, I'm sure it's the SCT frame/trigger combo. So, for the $$$ I saved buying this kit I just spent @ the Glock Store for an OEM Glock trigger and trigger bar along with a few other goodies. I'll report back once I get it all together. For what it's worth I like the frame, texture, grip, etc. and a buddy has the 19 frame and he likes it so I figured the compact would be good to go, but guess they gotta cut corners somewhere, LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Never experienced that with my 43X. It's just a stock gun, no mods.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Never experienced that with my 43X. It's just a stock gun, no mods.
    Thanks,well it must be the way the frame is cuz I actually bought a new trigger & trigger bar together from the Glock store and shot 100++ through it the other day and I had a tiny blood blister on my finger. The trigger I bought is a Glock OEM and it looks exactly like the one I swapped out! I thought maybe it was some funky cheap setup of there own making but it looked just like the trigger I installed. Main thing is I'm just running it hard and want 4/500 rds through it and then I'll make it one of my EDC guns. I have only shot my reloads through it and only issues I have had are with one of the ETS mags with a few FTF through all rds fired but 0 issues with the Glock mags I have for it. I'll wear gloves next session or 2 and get my rd count up,run some quality HST or Gold dot through it and if it passes the test I'll feel confident with it. I already feel good about the overall performance and accuracy with it so I ordered a Holosun EPS carry for it. Once that arrives and setup I'll be good with it. I have also thought about the Johnny Glock trigger for it (metal/flat I think) but that's another $100 bucks & my bargain 43X is anything but a bargain now,LOL Thanks for the feedback guys,I'll keep ya posted.

Feedback Score
    Glock partially preloads the striker after each shot. The cruciform, which connects to trigger, cocks the striker while the slide returns to battery. So there is indeed a forward force felt on the trigger.

https://youtu.be/V2RDitgCaD0?si=HhyNFwVKgQOFnZUU

Some people are more sensitive to this force; trigger slap/bite, while other aren't. There are few mods that can make it more agreeable. Basically it is to make the trigger finger surface to bear the force as even as possible. A smooth faced trigger is one. Filing the trigger safety down to make it flush with the trigger face also helps. Be cautious not to remove too much material, or the gun can't fire.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tangolima; 04-07-24 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a G43 and a G48 MOS, thus everything in between. I haven’t noticed any trigger slap. During dry fire, the trigger moves rearward another hair as the slide goes rearward, but isn’t noticeable with live ammo.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tangolima View Post
    Glock partially preloads the striker after each shot. The cruciform, which connects to trigger, cocks the striker while the slide returns to battery. So there is indeed a forward force felt on the trigger.

https://youtu.be/V2RDitgCaD0?si=HhyNFwVKgQOFnZUU

Some people are more sensitive to this force; trigger slap/bite, while other aren't. There are few mods that can make it more agreeable. Basically it is to make the trigger finger surface to bear the force as even as possible. A smooth faced trigger is one. Filing the trigger safety down to make it flush with the trigger face also helps. Be cautious not to remove too much material, or the gun can't fire.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I have a G43 and a G48 MOS, thus everything in between. I haven’t noticed any trigger slap. During dry fire, the trigger moves rearward another hair as the slide goes rearward, but isn’t noticeable with live ammo.
    Thanks for the info guys. It is an interesting situation I guess & again I think its maybe the way the SCT frame is & how it positions my grip,it is different than most stock Glocks. There is a guy @ our range that I run into once in awhile and he has a 43x,I'll try and nail him down one of these times and just get a feel of his.Thanks for the vid tangolima,I have seen those before,kinda cool.Well its stripped down now for a full clean up and I'll wait for the EPS Carry to show up this week,mount it and get back on it.Once I shoot another couple hundred more and then run some defensive rds through it I'll be ready for EDC if all goes well & other than a sting here or there I'll have faith in the pistol. I'll get a range report and some pics once everything is mounted up and runnin. Thanks again for the tips and info.