Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Out Vehicle

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock-Fu View Post
    Be careful. Before you know it you'll end up with a minivan with soccer and honor student stickers all over the back. Women are very sneaky.
    My wife has a minivan, but when I drive it becomes the FUDVee (Family Urban Deployment Vehicle). Low profile, lots of room for gear, and dual sliding doors for doorgunners. It's like the Huey of the suburbs!

I'm still trying to convince her that FUDVEE would make a good vanity plate
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    My wife has a minivan, but when I drive it becomes the FUDVee (Family Urban Deployment Vehicle). Low profile, lots of room for gear, and dual sliding doors for doorgunners. It's like the Huey of the suburbs!

I'm still trying to convince her that FUDVEE would make a good vanity plate
    That damn near made me choke on my MT Dew.

My BOV is under construction, hopefully when it is done it will work as well as I hope.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I vote "FUDVEE would make a good vanity plate", and you can show her here where we voted for her plate!

Feedback Score
    thanks Glock FU-my wife has a Nissan X-terra but the kid isnt ready for soccer yet...maybe soon though, I could see the stickers going on the back of an up-armored HMMWV that would be cute lol
    No GOOD Military Decision Has Ever Been Made From A Swivel Chair

Feedback Score
    My choices are the Dodge / Cummins and the Jeep, the truck is the primary and the Jeep is the secondary.

The truck is the daily driver and the Jeep is stashed, both are outfitted very closely with regard to recovery, medical, fuel / water, communication, shelter and related equipment.

TecRsq
    North Gawga

Feedback Score
    very nice truck!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Rice Rocket for me =)

Subaru WRX,

I know its not that rugged and possesses very little off road capabilities but its what I have. It reliable, very very fast, and an absolute burner when it comes to getting from point A to B down unknown, windy paved and dirt roads in adverse weather when you have no idea whats around the bend ahead. It is a rally car It does 0-60 sub 6 sec and it gets 30 mpg on the highway when using cruise control.

I always keep a case of water, a couple of extra MRE's, Boots and socks, Crow bar, Garmin (GPS Nav), Fire extinguisher, a couple of flash lights and a pocket knife or 2. I haven't quite worked out the extra (long term) fuel portion of the puzzle but I am confident that I could out run most cars out there on the road if necessary and that makes me happy .

GU

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    very nice truck!!
    Thanks for the good word on the pickup, it is heavily fueled and has very nice power but is very streetable and gets great mileage when you keep your foot off the skinny pedal.

This is the second "2nd Generation Dodge diesel" I have owned and they are great.
    TecRsq
    North Gawga

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=TecRsq;363643]My choices are the Dodge / Cummins and the Jeep, the truck is the primary and the Jeep is the secondary.

The truck is the daily driver and the Jeep is stashed, both are outfitted very closely with regard to recovery, medical, fuel / water, communication, shelter and related equipment.

I'm a fan of both, im not really a fan of chrysler but Jeeps I can deal with...I have my Silverado outfitted for hopefully anything: lift, true beadlock wheels, BFG Mud Terrain KM2 tires, brushguard, winch is on the way, jeri cans color-coordinated for fuel/water, toolbox-with med-kit, cooler, assorted tools, and a few MRE's...

But like I started this thread for I would like another vehicle since my truck isnt the most comfortable for long drives or the family, and I like the idea of having both...thanks for making my decision more difficult haha

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TecRsq View Post
    My choices are the Dodge / Cummins and the Jeep, the truck is the primary and the Jeep is the secondary.

I'm a fan of both, im not really a fan of chrysler but Jeeps I can deal with...I have my Silverado outfitted for hopefully anything: lift, true beadlock wheels, BFG Mud Terrain KM2 tires, brushguard, winch is on the way, jeri cans color-coordinated for fuel/water, toolbox-with med-kit, cooler, assorted tools, and a few MRE's...

But like I started this thread for I would like another vehicle since my truck isnt the most comfortable for long drives or the family, and I like the idea of having both...thanks for making my decision more difficult haha

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast