Thread: Considering an AK variant, which one?

Feedback Score

Considering an AK variant, which one?

I am considering the purchase of an AK variant in the next year, or two.

But I know absolutely nothing about them. What variants can be had for a relatively low price and have decent to good quality?

How much should I be looking to spend on such a weapon?
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score

Arsenal

I would go with Arsenal AK's-I have both the milled receiver and stamped receivers-Their quality is excellent-Milled receivers are made on somewhat of a "limited basis" and the new stamped receiver SLR-106's are an excellent choice also-My recommendations as far as production AK's.

SLR-106's (5.56x45) aprox. $750
    Milled SAM-7's $1100

-J

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=934

If you're going for bottom dollar.....the Century Arms WASR series imported from Romania is it. If you can, buy one from a dealer or at a show where you can visually inspect the rifle, as they can be hit or miss.

The WASR's are in the $400 range.

The next step up will be $500-$600 or so, these are rifles built with US receivers and foreign parts kits that were once service rifles. Vector, Lancaster Arms, and Armory USA fall into these catagories.

Beyond that, the Arsenal Inc. rifles are top of the line, "Tier 1" rifles. Think of Arsenal Inc. as the Colt of FN of AK's.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com