Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody into K31's?

Feedback Score

Anybody into K31's?

Sorry. Not exactly a "precision" platform, but at least they have a "bolt" action. Sorta.

I finally picked one up a few weeks ago, and may add another (rule of 2's and all that...) soon. They are gems, IMO. Curious as to who all might enjoy these guns.

Feedback Score
    I have several of them. Most in 7.5x55, but three of mine are chambered for .308WIN. I consider the Swiss K31, Finn M39 and Swede M96 to be the most accurate battle rifles of the WWII era.

The best part of the K31 experience is locating the tag under the buttplate and trying to contact the Swiss soldier to whom the rifle was issued. I've been able to contact several former "owners" of these rifles and the stories they tell of using their rifles really adds to the experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjmcd View Post
    Sorry. Not exactly a "precision" platform, but at least they have a "bolt" action. Sorta.

I finally picked one up a few weeks ago, and may add another (rule of 2's and all that...) soon. They are gems, IMO. Curious as to who all might enjoy these guns.
    I sold off all but one to support my AR habit...

4X Weaver, 155 gr. Nosler HPBT Match, 42 gr. IMR4064, 100 yards. Fricken' flyer...

Feedback Score
    sweet!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I know this is a necro-post. I actually found this thread via Google Images, and I must say, WOW! That was quite a nice collection.

I got one of these myself, pretty pleased with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sold mine cause I needed the money at the time, plus the price of ammo was turning me away from C&Rs. My K31 had Mojo sights, took me a liitle to get used to them but once I did I couldn't miss.

I consider the K31 a wonderful rifle, the outstanding quality of craftsmanship, glass smooth action, and wonderful triggers make them real gems.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Old thread, I know....

I love my K31. Damned smooth action and brilliant trigger. It acts almost like a 2 stage with the take up and then light break.

I have a Finn M39 that is a great shooter but not quite the experience the K31 is. Beats the hell out of a standard Mosin.
    Daniel

Never send a nail to do a screw's job.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by streck View Post
    Old thread, I know....

I love my K31. Damned smooth action and brilliant trigger. It acts almost like a 2 stage with the take up and then light break.

I have a Finn M39 that is a great shooter but not quite the experience the K31 is. Beats the hell out of a standard Mosin.
    Funny you say that---I am planning on getting a Finn Mosin next (in terms of C&R) because the ammo is still cheap. I probably won't buy it for a couple months as I'd rather get ammo for my K-31 and go shoot the shit out of it; I've only had mine for two weeks and have only put 20 rounds through it and I'm super blue-balled with it.

I had always been a little skeptical of the Swiss rifle because everyone talks about how great they are and such (sound familiar?), but damn, this rifle walks the walk. I'm glad I bought one, to say the least.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Did someone say K31?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice looking rifle!

The receiver is an interesting color. Was it reblued?
    Daniel

Never send a nail to do a screw's job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast