Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Why the Benelli M4 (or M1014, depending...) Hate?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Thanks for bringing this thread back to update us! One of these days I will pick one up.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Thanks for bringing this thread back to update us! One of these days I will pick one up.
    I found it an interesting trip down memory lane, as well as how far the platform has evolved with regard to implementing it properly with accessories that allow and support that. My M4 SBS has quickly become my favorite gun under nods.

This was my Benelli, in 2011.

This is one of my Benell M4's today (The other is in NFA jail, but will be set up identical except with a T2 using FCD caps instead of an H2, which, interestingly, when in the "0/off" position, is GREAT! for passive aiming, as it's about setting NV2 equivalency on the T2):

Last edited by WS6; 12-14-21 at 01:48.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Circa 2008, my first Benelli vs Today, my 10th?

The shorter stock allows better mechanics, though.
    Last edited by WS6; 12-15-21 at 05:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hate… that no LE models are hitting the market. Just waiting and waiting!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    11722 and 11724s have been steadily available.
    Last edited by WS6; 12-15-21 at 07:25.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    You can pick up the c stock from Benelliparts.net and carrier comp makes a wonder full length titanium mag tube.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I have seen NUMEROUS people who claim (not that I dispute it) time using the M1014 as-issued.

A lot of them express either ho-hum opinions, or just outright dislike for the weapon.

I own/have shot several shotguns, from a fixed choke 870 Wingmaster, to a Winchester 1500 semi-auto. I am by no means a shotgun maven.

I do, however, LOVE both M4's that I have owned. Both have been flat out reliable, both have been deadly accurate with whatever I feed them, and both pattern buckshot very well with the stock choke, and even better when you find an aftermarket one they like (I run Trulock MOD Flush-Fit Stainless chokes as a matter of preference).

I don't get it, the shotgun is mentally challenged simple, dead-nuts reliable, and pretty darn user-friendly after you figure out that the sights are to be used different from what you are used to (dots DO NOT line up when used correctly).

So...why all the hate? Are you all just a bunch of pump-gun lovers that are having trouble with "the new thing", or have you had failures/ect. that have shaped your opinions?
    If your using Flight Control buckshot no Choke will provide the best accuracy with slugs and Federal Buckshot I replaced my stock Mod choke for a Cylinder choke !

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeam98 View Post
    If your using Flight Control buckshot no Choke will provide the best accuracy with slugs and Federal Buckshot I replaced my stock Mod choke for a Cylinder choke !
    I tested LE133 out of my M4 Entry model at 30m, and 6 shots resulted in all 56 pellets on paper with an 18.5" extreme spread.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad I was able to follow your post

Feedback Score
    Not just "why all the hate for a benelli" ...I notice there is a lot of, not hate, just apathy perhaps toward shotguns in general. Perhaps they may have fallen out of favor due to AR pistols ? PDW? AR's in general? Associates of mine have sold their SG's, multiple reasons, limited capacity, cumbersome, etc. Given a choice between an AR pistol with RDS & 30rd mag vs aSG with even 7+1 of 00 buck, I opt for the AR. To each his own.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast