Thread: Why the Benelli M4 (or M1014, depending...) Hate?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Why the Benelli M4 (or M1014, depending...) Hate?

I have seen NUMEROUS people who claim (not that I dispute it) time using the M1014 as-issued.

A lot of them express either ho-hum opinions, or just outright dislike for the weapon.

I own/have shot several shotguns, from a fixed choke 870 Wingmaster, to a Winchester 1500 semi-auto. I am by no means a shotgun maven.

I do, however, LOVE both M4's that I have owned. Both have been flat out reliable, both have been deadly accurate with whatever I feed them, and both pattern buckshot very well with the stock choke, and even better when you find an aftermarket one they like (I run Trulock MOD Flush-Fit Stainless chokes as a matter of preference).

I don't get it, the shotgun is mentally challenged simple, dead-nuts reliable, and pretty darn user-friendly after you figure out that the sights are to be used different from what you are used to (dots DO NOT line up when used correctly).

So...why all the hate? Are you all just a bunch of pump-gun lovers that are having trouble with "the new thing", or have you had failures/ect. that have shaped your opinions?
    Last edited by WS6; 05-03-09 at 02:45.