Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Why the Benelli M4 (or M1014, depending...) Hate?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Not just "why all the hate for a benelli" ...I notice there is a lot of, not hate, just apathy perhaps toward shotguns in general. Perhaps they may have fallen out of favor due to AR pistols ? PDW? AR's in general? Associates of mine have sold their SG's, multiple reasons, limited capacity, cumbersome, etc. Given a choice between an AR pistol with RDS & 30rd mag vs aSG with even 7+1 of 00 buck, I opt for the AR. To each his own.
    Bingo. This. I had a m4 it was a quality gun but I sold it got an M2 for 3 gun. Much lighter and still reliable. But don’t use shotguns a whole lot these days.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    The shorter stock allows better mechanics, though.
    I see you didn’t try to get the red dot down to cowitness, is that because of the height of the stock in the middle position?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I collect & shoot the early M1 H&K imports...also have a pretty cool nib M121 that you don't see very often.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I see you didn’t try to get the red dot down to cowitness, is that because of the height of the stock in the middle position?
    To co witness, I would need to hard mount it with the Scalarworks unit. This would make it permanent-ish. The things that would cause me to need my irons are things that would prevent my use of the optic. Those things are:
    Dot died
    Window shattered
    Window obscured

Only one of those is possible to overcome with the optic in situ. If I need the irons, it's just as likely an optic that cannot be removed, will prevent their use, as well.

The mid stock position and qd optic height is happy and pleasant coincidence.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    To co witness, I would need to hard mount it with the Scalarworks unit. This would make it permanent-ish. The things that would cause me to need my irons are things that would prevent my use of the optic. Those things are:
    Dot died
    Window shattered
    Window obscured

Only one of those is possible to overcome with the optic in situ. If I need the irons, it's just as likely an optic that cannot be removed, will prevent their use, as well.

The mid stock position and qd optic height is happy and pleasant coincidence.
    And what's that barrel length?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    And what's that barrel length?
    14" Entry model

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910