Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VTAC Carbine 1.5 1-3 May 09 @ Southern Exposure in Lakeland, Florida

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    Yeah, the guy on Kyle's left was a competition pistol shooter (IDPA I think) and was very fast on the timed drills. I noticed that most of the class knew each other very well. Very experienced guys.
    Yeah, I know both of those guys. Ricardo and Aaron. They're both from down this way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Yeah, I know both of those guys. Ricardo and Aaron. They're both from down this way.

Both great people. First time I Aaron, great shot and a hard competitor.

And Ricardo...ahh what can you do w/those Puerto Ricans... (inside joke)

Feedback Score
    This was a great course, and I enjoyed meeting and shooting with all of you. I especially enjoyed sharing a room at the Royalty with "Grouper" Derek and his purty mouth.

I can't add much to the two great AARs, but I'll say that I was impressed with how Kyle paid close attention to what everyone was doing, which allowed him to give a lot of one-on-one instruction to each of us. I haven't trained with many instructors who gave me that much individual feedback and tweaking.

Feedback Score
    I thought Ricardo was Cuban.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great class group photo. It's nice to see one without kit, scowls, and kufiyyat.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That picture has to have been just about 5 minutes before everyone left the range. You can see the South Florida boys already have their damn flip flops on!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Derek, curious to hear how your "battle belt" experiment is going. Looks like you just ran everything attached to your pants belt? Something like a Wilderness or other "instructor" belt?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post

-Kit/Nylon issues were somewhat apparent. No one made drastic changes. But it was evident that the slicker you can run the better.
    i'll vouch for that.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Derek, curious to hear how your "battle belt" experiment is going. Looks like you just ran everything attached to your pants belt? Something like a Wilderness or other "instructor" belt?

Working well so far, I was going to wait until after this weekend's night fighter course in St Augustine to give a decent review.

Its a Jones Tactical Inner belt w/cobra buckle, eagle pad, and some custom dropped kydex mag pouches with rattle can on them. I finally found this holster, Ive LITERALLY been looking for this for the last 2 years. GCODE SOC rig that actually fits a 1911 dawson railed w/x300 on it. The holster, while technically a leg rig, attaches to the belt high enough that its no more dropped than a safariland UBL or bladetech DOH type system.

Last edited by Derek_Connor; 05-05-09 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Ben View Post
    I thought Ricardo was Cuban.
    I think he is, but quite a few folks were calling him a PR, just to mess with him. Good meeting you too Gentle Ben.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 05-05-09 at 11:17.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast