Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VTAC Carbine 1.5 1-3 May 09 @ Southern Exposure in Lakeland, Florida

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    I think he is, but quite a few folks were calling him a PR, just to mess with him. Good meeting you too Gentle Ben.
    He's Columbian, FWIW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    I think he is, but quite a few folks were calling him a PR, just to mess with him. Good meeting you too Gentle Ben.
    He's definitely Columbian.

Remember? His dad is the president of Columbia.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    He's definitely Columbian.

Remember? His dad is the president of Columbia.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I have to work on some memory exorcises. Colombian, Cuban, PR...same same, Keef Keef (j/k).
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 05-05-09 at 20:09.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hey guys great AAR's for this class. Good to see that Kyle is moving around some more on the east coast. JAck White and myself host him here in NC and Kyle is a an outstanding instructor.

If you haven't trained with Kyle Lamb and the crew from Viking Tactics you are missing some of the best carbine training around.

Feedback Score
    Hi Derek and rharris

Thanks for the kind comments about Southern Exposure Training Facility, it is most appreciated. That being said it is the instructor that makes the range not the range that makes the instructor. A Disney World range is nice but if the instructor can't cut it the class is worthless and our training budget is limited.

This is my first post on this forum but I have been involved in tactical training for about 15 years, have attended most every major school and have had well over 200 classes. I started coordinating classes at Southern about ten years ago because I wanted to bring affordable classes to the southeast U S. area.

I have always admired what I consider the top instructors today; Louis Awerbuck, Randy Cain, Jeff Gonzales, Bill Jeans, Pat Rogers, Clint Smith, ect but have wondered where is the new cadre of instructors is coming from when these guys retire and stop instructing. I have taken about 6 or so classes from instructors from the SF community and with the Iraq wars I thought that the next group would come from there but I have been disappointed. Sure these guys are warriors, did a great service for our country, know the subject material and can do all the things with a weapon that you would expect but they lack the one thing that Kyle Lamb of Viking Tactics has. THE ABILITY TO TEACH AND MAKE THE STUDENT UNDERSTAND SO HE GETS BETTER!

Kyle teaches the same fundamentals as the group above does but adds his own twist, another piece of the puzzle, another tool for the box and he does it by instruction. He walks the line and makes suggestions here and there to improve the shooters ability to hit the target. He doesn't just run drills after drills making brass. He tweaks each specific shooter so that by the end of class all were better shooters and could take away those hints from the class. I know I picked up five or six things and that is remarkable after all the classes I've been through, I would have been happy with one new tool.

This guy is the next guard and will lead those that follow. If you have never had a class from Kyle DO SO. He will be back to Southern twice in 2010 but he does appears elsewhere around the country. I only bring the best instructors to Southern and only the best of the best will be invite back for additional classes. Hunt Mr. Lamb down and take a class you won't be disappointed.

As an aside, it was a good class with good shooters and lots of fun. Next year we will be sure to have the grouper for Derek.

My thanks to Kyle and Dan for making the class enjoyable and getting all the shooters to a higher plane. Isn't that the reason to take training?

BTW Rico (not his real name but the one given to him by Kyle) is from Columbia. He did take a lot of heat. LOL

be safe irv
    www.southernexposuretraining.com
    Last edited by irv; 05-10-09 at 16:53. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    All

Please notice the picture with this thread that has Kyle in the middle and his two favorite students (LOL) on each side. Notice close and tell me if those two aren't winder lickers? Kyle is the only one looking at the camera.

be safe irv

Feedback Score
    I honestly didn't know how to handle myself, training on a manicured golf course-like range. I'm used to training on broken glass and rusted metal.

seriously though Irv, you and your boss have a great little venue up there in Lakeland.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Ben View Post
    I honestly didn't know how to handle myself, training on a manicured golf course-like range. I'm used to training on broken glass and rusted metal.

seriously though Irv, you and your boss have a great little venue up there in Lakeland.
    Now you know why I'd rather drive three hours to Southern Exposure and stay three nights in a hotel than go to that cesspool called Pop's

Feedback Score
    Hi Ben

We keep it nice (no knee pads needed) just for your Glocks. I would hate to ruin those beautiful grip reduction jobs on a lousy range.

Rob - you've been coming for years and know that advantage of a nice range. Not having to worry about glass shards, rusty pieces of metal and other crap when you go prone lets you concentrate on doing it right. Besides from south Florida it's only 3 or so hours and the motel gives us great rates at $46.00 per night for the deluxe room with free internet and breakfast.

We have guys come from all over the US and central and south America but e really concentrate on Florida and the SE US.

Thanks to both of you.

be safe irv

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Definitely looking forward to doing some training with Viking tactics in 2010. My training budget is about exhausted for this year which means ive got time to save up, fantastic!

Derek...not even going to ask about the tactical sock benchrest you had going there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast