Thread: Royal Purple

Feedback Score

Royal Purple

Until Royal Purple introduced a specific Gun Oil, I used RG21 for all lubrication except AR and Benelli bolt carriers.

They do the job and are the only pure synthetic oil I can find. Mobil One is not pure synthetic.

Anybody else use Royal Purple?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use Militec-1 or Slip2000 gun lube (and very rarely CLP) on my guns and either Amsoil 0w-30 or Mobil 1 0w-30 or 5w-30 in my vehicles.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4
    I use Militec-1 or Slip2000 gun lube (and very rarely CLP) on my guns and either Amsoil 0w-30 or Mobil 1 0w-30 or 5w-30 in my vehicles.
    Royal Purple Race Grade 21 is said to be 5W25 weight.

I run Mobil 1 5W30 in my truck. Royal Purple is WAAAY too expensive for use in the daily driver. About $17 per quart but a quart lasts a long time as gun lube. The new RP Gun Oil is about $6 for a four ounce aerosol can.

Feedback Score
    Wow, wasn't aware it was that expensive. I had to take a look, and Jegs has the regular for $6.99 and the racing is $11.99. I use slip2000/fp10 normally, but have used pedro's road rage (bike stuff) and boeshield. Just mixed up a quart of synth/atf to work through as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47
    Wow, wasn't aware it was that expensive. I had to take a look, and Jegs has the regular for $6.99 and the racing is $11.99. I use slip2000/fp10 normally, but have used pedro's road rage (bike stuff) and boeshield. Just mixed up a quart of synth/atf to work through as well.
    I think you just convinced me to change vendors for RP oil!

Feedback Score
    Happy to help, friends don't let friends buy $20/qt oil