Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimber Series 1 Opinions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Race View Post
    How many of you have had unreliable series 1 Kimbers? Do you guys trust the series 1s?
    Awesome trigger. It was very well put together, and I loved how front strap was machined high near the trigger guard. You don't see that with other mass produced 1911 (Springfield and Colt).

The extractor tension went caca after 800 rounds... It ran fine after spending 5 minutes to "retune" it. But, I didn't want a gun that required babysitting the extractor tension every few hundred rounds.

Sold this...

To buy this (SA 5.8M CMP Special)...

If I just sold the Kimber and spent the cash on something ordinary, I would be regretting it. I could have happily kept the Series I as a range toy, but I was itching for a nice Garand at the time. Or maybe I sold it to fund an ACOG. I can't remember anymore.
    Last edited by 8200rpm; 05-06-09 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
    Awesome trigger. It was very well put together, and I loved how front strap was machined high near the trigger guard. You don't see that with other mass produced 1911 (Springfield and Colt).

The extractor tension went caca after 800 rounds... It ran fine after spending 5 minutes to "retune" it. But, I didn't want a gun that required babysitting the extractor tension every few hundred rounds.

Sold this...

To buy this (SA 5.8M CMP Special)...

If I just sold the Kimber and spent the cash on something ordinary, I would be regretting it. I could have happily kept the Series I as a range toy, but I was itching for a nice Garand at the time. Or maybe I bought it to fund an ACOG. I can't remember anymore.
    You did'nt get hurt at all, I've managed to get up to the CMP store at Perry a few times 2 Garands, a '03 and a '03A3 later and I don't regret spending the money for an instant..One day soon the CMP will sell out of these works of art, and prices will skyrocket, I don't plan on selling mine, To me they are part of history. A mass produced 1911 can be had anytime, M1 Garands, and '03's, 03A3's that could very well have "been there, done that" priceless...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12