Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mag Cinch or Redi-Mag?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie
    I could never get this adjusted well enough to only drop one mag, especially with gloves on.

Now you got me heading to the shop to play around with one to see if I can tune it
    I was going to add the caviat to that when I posted...

You can adjust them so that you can drop the primary only, or both mags -- but this feature seems to only work in the shop or at the range; during "stessfull" situations, you will jab the button hard enough to drop both every time.

There, that's better
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Damn Kevin. You sure do have nice carpet where they've got you stationed. Pine beds too? Was that picture taken overseas or just up North? Looks like it could be inside of a nice cozy cabin!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    I'm not a lefty - but I have seen lefties run Redimag guns -- usually the GenI ones that drop both mags at the same time.
    Hey Kev,

Any opinion on the CAA mag coupler?

I'm lefty and my "manual of arms" rules out the RM

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would have to say that the Redi-Mag is the only true option. All the others have serious draw backs that are too much to make the system truly viable.

Personally, I love my Redi-Mag. It took allot of hard work and practice to become proficient with it but now I love it. No question in my mind that they make for the fastest mag change around. They also make for a very stable platform when shooting prone.

I have one of the RM-15 models, but I’m eager to try one of the RM-II models when I get the chance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm a lefty and I think the Redi-Mag II is faster for lefty's that for righty's.

Go with the II version and forget the magcinch type devises.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

Talking Redi-Mag all the way

I have used a Redi-Mag for years now, and gone down range with it three times as of now. It is great. But you have to train with it. I like the fact that when you push the mag release button both mags come out. It makes for fast mag changes and once you develop the muscle memory it is very fast. The biggest reason the Redi-mag is better than the Mag Cinch is there is not a need for additional equipment. What I am talking about is mag pouches. You don't need them with the Redi-mag. Unless your kit is setup with only pouches for Mag Cinches it is only good for the first mag change. That does not develop good muscle memory.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The pic was taking in Tn. at James Yeagers house.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12