Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another snake....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Coral snakes have rear fangs so unless you get bit in a thin, webby part of the body (between the toes or fingers mainly) you'll never get a dose of coral snake venom.
    All the OP did was kill a perfectly harmless snake that keeps nastier animals like mice and rats away.
    http://www.pho-tac.com/
    Capturing the Essence of Tactical Reality

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    It is so brightly colored I thought it was a coral snake for a second "Red and Yellow, kill a fellow".

Are we of Irish descent more afraid of snakes than other peoples?
    Nah. I'm good with them. They startle me sure, but I don't have an issue dealing with one. Quite a few rattlers here.

Spiders on the other. No f-ing way. They must sense it in me too. I've had them chase me in the garage. I don't believe God created spiders. They were Satan's gift to us, imo.

Off topic - Why did I think you were Asian? Didn't you start a thread somewhere about some google statistic that Asians were a fan of this site and you being one of them or something like that? Must have my wires crossed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i always have trouble identifying snakes myself. i was taught mostly how to identify by head shape, problem is, when i get close enough to see their head i've usually already blasted it with bird shot....sorry snake lovers but only good snake is a dead one.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Milk Snake. Red then black, venom lack; red then yellow, can kill a fellow
    Funny, that was the first thing I thought when I saw the photo (courtesy of my Boy Scout training). Fortunately, I don't have to deal with either in my neck of the woods, although we do have rattlesnakes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman44 View Post
    sorry snake lovers but only good snake is a dead one.

The emotional based "logic" of a liberal.
    Last edited by scottryan; 05-10-09 at 21:21.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I can't match gary's but I have grant beat by a few inches.

Got in from work this morning to find this guy waiting for me in my basement.

18-20" copperhead.

Eastern Milk Snake

You are such a badass.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Question to why some are shitting on the OP for dispatching the snake? How many of us have been at the range or in the woods and wasted birds or other small animals like squirrels or chipmunks. Is that not any different? Im not saying every one does this. I will admit from time to time I and a few friends have gone squirrel "hunting" with out any thoughts of keeping the squirrels for the little meat they do have on them.

This in not an attack on any one else just some food for thought.

And yes we do have a squirrel hunting season here in MA.

-DM-
    Last edited by R1pper; 05-10-09 at 21:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't care if it's freindly, venomous, or cute. If it's in my house it dies!!

Last year what looked to be a baby copperhead managed to make it into my basement. But since I have mutliple glue traps set just inside the basement door to capture large wolf spiders, mice, and other insects; it got sandwiched between two of them.

I thought the little bugger was dead but when I reached down to stuff it into a garbage bag, the little bugger moved!! That freaked the hell out of me enough to make me jump back about 10-feet.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Eastern Milk Snake

You are such a badass.
    Sorry I don't pass muster in Nebraska...

Never claimed that I grabbed a pit viper by the tail, narrowly missing the fangs by millimeters, heroically saving a 4 year old and a puppy from certain doom.

I found a small snake in my basement, took a picture then killed it and threw it in a ditch. Not looking for credit or boasting bravado, just posting a similar experience that a couple other members here have had in the last day or two.

-Mike
    Last edited by Mikey; 05-10-09 at 22:24.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    scottryan i think there is a rule against your personal attacks but i could give a shit tbh
    Last edited by tinman44; 05-10-09 at 22:24.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast