Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

NHL Playoffs

Who's watching the NHL playoffs and who's your team?

I think every series is a great matchup and we're seeing some fantastic hockey. I've been following the Pens vs. Caps matchup and all I can say is WOW!

Maklin, Crosby, Ovechkin, and Green to name a few on the ice at the same time is awesome. These games are probably some of the best I've seen in a long, long time.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My team (Go Kings) is not in it, but we are seeing some great hockey...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You gotta hand it to DC...they've been playing some great hockey.

I'm glad to see the Pens have finally taken the lead.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Ovechkin had absolutely no business playing in Game 5. His deliberate knee knocked out the Penguin's best defenseman (Gonchar) in Game 4. The Pens still won, but that was serious BS......

Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Who's watching the NHL playoffs and who's your team?

I think every series is a great matchup and we're seeing some fantastic hockey. I've been following the Pens vs. Caps matchup and all I can say is WOW!

Maklin, Crosby, Ovechkin, and Green to name a few on the ice at the same time is awesome. These games are probably some of the best I've seen in a long, long time.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

Pens, baby! Bring on the Hurricanes and home ice advantage!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh901 View Post
    Ovechkin had absolutely no business playing in Game 5. His deliberate knee knocked out the Penguin's best defenseman (Gonchar) in Game 4. The Pens still won, but that was serious BS......
    I say this as a hockey fan; if it had been anyone else besides Ovechkin they would have been suspended for at least several games. But there is no way the NHL is going to sit him during this series. With ratings up over 40% from last year Ovechkin could probably shank someone out there and the league would turn a blind eye.

I love watching him play but his feet leave the ice at least twice a game to hit someone and he has never, not once, been called for it. So why would they suspend him for a knee-on-knee?
    Last edited by M4arc; 05-10-09 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    Lets go Pens!!

I also want the Red Wings gone.
    ...I WON"T BE THE VICTIM, BUT THE FIRST TO CAST A STONE...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I say this as a hockey fan; if it had been anyone else besides Ovechkin they would have been suspended for at least several games. But there is no way the NHL is going to sit him during this series. With ratings up over 40% from last year Ovechkin could probably shank someone out there and the league would turn a blind eye.

I love watching him play but his feet leave the ice at least twice a game to hit someone and he has never, not once, been called for it. So why would they suspend him for a knee-on-knee?
    Agree completely... He is a tremendous talent but he should leave the hitting to someone else. He's like a little kid learning how to hit playing hockey. He gets good hits now and again but there are a lot of elbows up and knees out. And if he gets hit even in the slightest he goes headhunting. I wish Scott Stevens was still playing to show him how to hit like a real man...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Spooky - Don't get me wrong I love his style of play. He's got a lot more grit than Crosby and Malkin but just as much skill (different but just as much). And I'm not saying he's dirty either. I'm just saying he gets away with more than most players would.

If anyone else had done that they would be suspended right now. That's all.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast