Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Feedback Score
    My team is the Avalanche who haven't done anything lately so I have been going for the Wings(I know figure that one out right? My line mate on Defense is a huge wings fan so there you go). The wings and anahiem has been a decent series but with no dog in the fight I think the Caps Pens series has without a doubt been the best series in the last couple years, I am really hoping that this becomes the new rivalry to replace the Avs Wings of the mid late 90's.

The next best series IMO is the Canucks Blackhawks but this one is just plain mean.

Then the Wings Ducks.

The Ove hit on Gonchar was a bad hit but I don't think it was deserving of a long term suspension even though I wouldn't have been against siting Ove for a game, there has to be history for a long term suspension and Ove just doesn't have it yet.

My teammates and I have argued about this for quite awhile on who's better but I keep coming back to this:

They are different types of players, they each have incredible skill but what I think Sidney has in speed Ove has in strength. Their puck handling is a draw in my books but Sidney will go by you Ove goes through you even though Ove has a way of making you get out of his way chasing a puck that used to be where it isn't anymore. Personally I love watching Ove play he seems to be the most in tune with himself stick and puck, I'm not sure he practices what he does as I think he dreams it.

great time to be a hockey fan though!
    Lip
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE, Give them nothing and take from them everything! ok maybe not everything!?

Feedback Score
    Bruins vs. Red wings with the bruins in 6

Mike

Feedback Score
    My Av's finished last in the west so my heart is not in the playoffs this season. I'm deployed and AFN plays way too much basketball.

Ovie needs to get his ass kicked. He has endless offensive talent but he's a classless punk!

I'm already looking to next season. I hope "Super Joe" can play one more solid season. The game will miss him.

How 'bout King Patrick as an NHL head coach?
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

40 years a BLUES fan ...

Win, lose it dont make me much difference I love Hockey no matter who is playing.
    I dont BLEED BLUE I hemmorage BLUE. Had the BLUES not lost close to 500 man games this season due to injuries - I believe we would still be in the playoffs.
    But I think the Ducks will emerge past the Wings - a stretch I know but on any given Sunday... .2cents

Michael
    The things we own end up owning us ...

If experience is the best teacher then pain is the best experience ! ...MRG

LUKE 22:35

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If you guys aren't watching the game tonight you're missing some awesome hockey.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Games aren't good for goalies GAA, but sure are fun to watch....unless you're a penguins fan
    ...I WON"T BE THE VICTIM, BUT THE FIRST TO CAST A STONE...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urabus23 View Post
    Games aren't good for goalies GAA, but sure are fun to watch....unless you're a penguins fan
    You're not kidding. Fleury couldn't stop a beach ball last night. He made one glove save last night. The rest of the time he might as well had it tied behind his back. Even if the Pens get past the Caps...and that's a big if...Fleury isn't good enough to get them to the finals.

I'm traveling on Wednesday so it might be hard for me to find a place to watch the game. My hotel doesn't get Versus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    You're not kidding. Fleury couldn't stop a beach ball last night. He made one glove save last night. The rest of the time he might as well had it tied behind his back. Even if the Pens get past the Caps...and that's a big if...Fleury isn't good enough to get them to the finals.
    Fleury is pretty good, but I agree that he's not a world-champion quality goalie at this point in time. When a rookie from the minors is showing you up (VarLAmov), it may be time to step up your game. I suspect the reason he didn't have many glove saves is that Kozlov and company were intentionally aiming for the area between his shoulder and the crossbar. That's an area where the glove doesn't readily reach, and that's why they were trying for it. He had some issues last night, but so did his defensemen. His defense had fewer blocked shots, because the Caps did a better job of bringing the puck in deep and were not broken up at the blue-line quite as much.

Unfortunately, these games that turn into an arms race are not a good sign for the Cap's post-season. The Pens did a better job defensively, allowing fewer breakaways and far fewer shots. In order to become the world champs, a team has to have big guns, but they need a good solid back-checking line too. You can't just rely on face-off wins and scoring if you are allowing them to waltz through your D. VarLAmov can only save their butts so many times before they're put out to pasture until September.

I'm traveling on Wednesday so it might be hard for me to find a place to watch the game. My hotel doesn't get Versus.
    You might want to try the hotel lobby, or nearby sports-bar. My hotel last week didn't have Versus (or CSN, CBC, TSN) but their bar in the lobby had a lot more channels and I was able to watch it there.

BTW, I read the Washington Post's "Capitals Insider" column for my Caps news, but they're entirely biased so non-fans probably would do better to read more even-handed reporting.

What an awesome series. May the best team win tomorrow night!

Bruins/Canes series will go on at least a little bit longer. My dad and sister will be at the game tonight in Raleigh, and it is sure to be a scorcher. I think Chara actually deserves the Norris Trophy more than Green or Lidstrom , but I think he's less likely to win it.

Western conference? What's that?
    Last edited by HiggsBoson; 05-12-09 at 09:10.

Feedback Score

I would get a different hotel! I can't wait for Wednesday night! Pens Caps in game 7!!! wooohoooooo!!! Guys I have to say that this could be one of the best NHL Post seasons yet! And my Av's aren't even in it!

Lip
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE, Give them nothing and take from them everything! ok maybe not everything!?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast