Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .38 snub ballistics

Feedback Score
    Your thought on veering is interesting, I had never really considered it. My thought is, just because something veers in gel doesn't mean it will in a person. Also, who is to say that a bullet that goes straight in gel won't hit something in the person like abone or different density tissue to cause it to veer, or turn, or something. If it happens it happens, you just deal with it and go on. You wouldn't have been pershaps talking about the brass fetcher test would you? He also notes that they penetrated a couple inches under the FBI requirment but says that seem inconsistent with other test. So who knows what might have been going on with his test, just goes to show you that you cannot predict what a bullet will do everytime so you have to be ready to improvise and keep after it.

I managed to dig up some data on the 125gr +p Golden Saber. It is from a magazine article, so I question the vailidity a little, but it seems legit. Here is the link if anyone is interested. Not all the results seem to match up to what DocGKR has done. http://www.handgunsmag.com/ammunition/pocket_dynomite/

Does anyone happen to know if the PDX1 is just a re-named Ranger Bonded round or is there really a difference? I may just have to go buy some and test them myself. Just have to figure out a testing method that is halfway reasonable.

Feedback Score
    I emailed Winchester and they said PDX1 was the same as Ranger Bonded, so does anyone have the specs on Ranger Bonded from a 2" snub?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12