Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A successful gun buy back program…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think we Americans should have a First Amendment Buy Back program.

Irresponsible speech gets people killed, undermines government authority and reveals national secrets to foreign enemies.

For a six month supply of New Port cigarettes and $200.00 gift card inner city residents gave give up their Right to Free Speech

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    "Look at this," Villaraigosa said as he pointed at the stock of a rifle. "It has an NRA sticker on it."

Douchebag.

I bet the idiot who turned in the $10K Luger feels like an ass now. Wonder if they could get it back? I also like the picture of the prick holding up the streetsweeper shotgun that the caption refers to as a "tommy gun". Because all guns with drum magazines are "tommy guns" to these libtard ****wits.
    I am sorry, but if anyone is morally bankrupt enough to throw a 10,000 dollar Luger into a smelter, he/she should be required to jump in with it.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Iraqguns...

I know Buck already stated tax money wasn't involved beyond officer pay. that isn't what I was trying to address. I was trying to address why we aren't seeing the collectibles released for sale.

Probably should have phrased it more like "IF we don't want our tax money going these programs", then the other side would counter with "we don't want our tax money going to putting guns back on the street". And while the city is welcoming private money to conduct the buy back, I doubt they would accept private money to sort out the collectible and historical guns for resale.

Still not overly convinced the effort that goes into these programs are worth it, at least for the perspective of an already gun toting criminal. And after years of watching gun control advocates and living in California, I am suspicious of ulterior motives by the politicians and private groups behind these endeavors.

However, Buck brought up some points worth giving some thought to. I hadn't ever thought about "orphaned" guns that slip through the cracks into the hands of "knuckleheads". Like most here, if I am done with a gun, I go down to the local gun store and put it up for sale. duh...doesn't everyone? apparently not.

Oh and Iragguns... I believe your right. I could have sworn the spas12 got caught up in the reclassification to destructive device that USAS, stryker and streetsweeper did. I went and tried to find info to back up my memory but couldn't find any. sorry about the error in info there.
    Last edited by 1859sharps; 05-13-09 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    1859sharps,

I grew up in California and spent many years of my life there. I remember when I got out of basic training and I had a hot little check in my hand for 5K for joining the Infantry. I went into my local gun shop (still 17 at the time) and purchased a Mossberg 500 shotgun. No waiting period or nothing. I also remember the days of going to a gun show where one could buy an "assault rifle" with no problems. I picked up a Hungarian underfolder in trade.

I personally don't think that these programs are worth it, but that's my opinion. The problem in California isn't the guns. The problem is that California has always been lax on punishing criminals and for close to 20 years they have continued to demonize guns and not the animals who kill. I would love to think that things will change, but I see it as a lost cause.
    Last edited by Iraqgunz; 05-14-09 at 02:39.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    1859sharps,

I would love to think that things will change, but I see it as a lost cause.
    Three words for you. Heller, Nordyke, http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/

Don't give up on us yet. There are some things in the wind right now (thanks to a couple of federal court cases) that might start the turning of the tide.

I to am old enough to remember over the counter rifles/shotguns in California as well. I also remember Gun shows worth going to. You know the kind were there are more guns then beef jerky, old vhs movies and the odd box of antique ammo.

Ahh the good old days....

With a little luck we might get back a bit of those days gone by....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345