Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    I am home now...here is a link for anyone interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/MSA-Sordin-Supre...QQcmdZViewItem

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The first pair of electronic ear pro I had was the Peltor Tactical 7. I thought they were great because I had never tried any other brands. Since then I have tried Proears and MSA's. I chose the MSA because they were more comfortable for me. They are head and shoulders above the Peltor's (which have since started to fall apart). I don't regret spending the money on these, they were well worth it. Battery life, how well the sound is dampened (not cut off like the Peltor's) and quality make them stand out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I used to carry the Sordin before MSA bought them. Since then it has become impossible for the little guys to carry them.

Anyway, I talked to the guy from Sweden who was one of the original members of the Sordin team. He had a small table at the SHOT SHow. He told me they were ex Peltor people who broke away because they knew they could do it better. Don't know if it is true or not but that is what he told me. (If you see the Nordic looking fellow with a Shotgun on their literature and some packaging, that is the guy I talked to)

I run the Supreme Pro myself. With the upgraded gel ear cushions.

Chad
    Last edited by chadbag; 05-11-09 at 18:45.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Seems like it's not uncommon to have people break away from big companies and start up their own and make a good product. I believe Wilson Combat people broke away and started Nighthawk. And Kimber People joined Sig and made their 1911's better. And iirc Noveske use to work for a barrel company and left and started his own company? Not sure if the information is entirely correct but I heard from friend's who are knowledgeable of the industry. But then again they could be blowing smoke up my ass

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I own Supreme Pro's.

Since you aren't looking at a boom mic I will just note a few things:

I found the standard ear cups very uncomfortable, I was wearing mine for 2-6 hours at a time and could not wait to rip them off.

MSA repaired our wet Supreme Pro's (sweat apparently) with no issue. YMMV.

They're a nice luxury.

Feedback Score
    The gel ear cushions are a great upgrade, comfy!

Battery life is very good too. Years later, and I'm still on the original set of batteries.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use my Supreme Pros for shooting and sound suppression when operating equipment. At the end of a long sweaty day I remove the ear cushions and the foam inserts overnight ,allowing the condensation to evaporate from the electronics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Supreme pro x went down last week after being worn in a heavy downpour . I returned them to MSA (they paid for return shipping)who were very quick in determining that they don't support the version that I own. The tech told me that Sordin, while being owned by MSA, sells their own version of the supreme pro x that is not supported by MSA. So my Sordins are going on a trip to Sweden for repairs with a month or so as the expected turn around. The tech told me that to avoid this problem next time buy MSA Sordins from a MSA dealer as they should be the model supported in the USA by MSA. I don't at this time have any way of telling the two different models apart.
    Robert

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Saw the Howard Leights yesterday at a store and picked those up for a try... the Sordins will be next if these don't pan out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    My Supreme pro x went down last week after being worn in a heavy downpour . I returned them to MSA (they paid for return shipping)who were very quick in determining that they don't support the version that I own. The tech told me that Sordin, while being owned by MSA, sells their own version of the supreme pro x that is not supported by MSA. So my Sordins are going on a trip to Sweden for repairs with a month or so as the expected turn around. The tech told me that to avoid this problem next time buy MSA Sordins from a MSA dealer as they should be the model supported in the USA by MSA. I don't at this time have any way of telling the two different models apart.

Where did you buy them from?? I'm curious because the "Ebay" prices are either "fell off the truck" prices or "maybe" the Sordin brand. It could also be how long you have had the ear pro. Did you purchase them before MSA bought Sordin?
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast