Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt mags VS Uzi mags: advantages/disadvantages?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anyone that uses Uzi or other non Colt/Metalform mags in a Colt 9mm system is a wannabe and uses a unreliable trash setup akin to buying an Olympic AR15.

You can dick around wasting ammo (money) and find out the other magazine suck or you can buy factory magazines in the first place.
    I have 2 Colt Mags 6 C Products mags and 5 modified UZI mags. The UZI mags are reliable and cheaper and make fine range plinking mags. Colts are nice because they lock the bolt back. The C Products are hit or miss. I sent half of them back before I got them running.
    pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    You are not suppose to drop the slide/bolt on an empty chamber on any firearm.

I realize some rifles do not have a bolt hold open but those have some type of camming action between the bolt and carrier to lessen the blow.
    The only gun I have ever seen it damage was one Wilson KZ45.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Colt mags, in my experience, are far more reliable than converted UZI mags.

Colt mags are far from perfect, though, as they are hard to load and will often volcano the rounds out the top if you drop them or even bump them too hard.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The Bottom Line on 9mm mags...

The bottom line is if I had to go into combat or use my 9mm AR to protect life or property I'm going to reach for my Colt/Spikes (both Metalform) mags before I even think about going for a CProducts mag. And sure the Uzi mags may work, but I'm not a big fan of Jerry Rigging things as important as my firearms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalikraven View Post
    The bottom line is if I had to go into combat or use my 9mm AR to protect life or property I'm going to reach for my Colt/Spikes (both Metalform) mags before I even think about going for a CProducts mag. And sure the Uzi mags may work, but I'm not a big fan of Jerry Rigging things as important as my firearms.
    I agree however my 9mm AR would be one of my last choices in such a situation.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I also agree with you on that. However it does have it's place. No AR platform can beat it in the compact/quiet categories... when properly suppressed. I'm waiting on my Form 4 to come back on a AAC M42k after that happens my 12.5" SBR with said can will be my primary go to gun. Right now its either the 10.5" 300 Whisper Suppressed or my 5.5" 9mm Suppressed. Both are poor choices for indor work due to overpenatration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12